EA launches "Gun Club" for shooter fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

During its E3 media briefing today, EA opened a new "Gun Club" for fans of shooter games. On the service's official website, EA says the Gun Club is a way of thanking its loyal shooter community by rewarding them for "doing what they love best" – purchasing EA shooters. Members of the Gun Club will be privileged with in-game content, early access to beta programs and demos, as well as exclusive access to events, information and development teams.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor are already connected to the Gun Club. Players who own BC2 or preorder MoH will get advanced beta access to the forthcoming reboot, as well as early access to the M24 sniper rifle when the game launches this holiday season. More titles are set to join the Gun Club, such as Dead Space 2 (due early next year), Battlefield Heroes, and the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "digital expansion" Vietnam.

To join EA's Gun Club, simply register here and use your existing EA account credentials to sign in if you have one. For more information, check out the Gun Club FAQ here.

Permalink to story.

It was up for a bit there, I was on the front page and poking around the site. In fact, that's where I got the image in the post (screenshot of the site's logo). I assume it's just down temporarily due to excessive load.

"thanking the fans for what they love best: purchasing EA shooters"

I wish they rewarded us by not releasing betas (like BAD COMPANY 2) anymore. But hey..

hello ...

nice from EA, too bad i'm not into shooters & to guest if Bad Company 2 is just a beta, how do you consider others !?

cheers!

I own BC2 and just signed up for the Gun Club, but apparently you have to pre-order MoH in addition to owning BC2 just to receive beta access to MoH. That is kind of silly. Personally, I use betas as a way to see if an upcoming game is worth purchasing to begin with. Sorry EA, but I have learned better than to pre-order games that I have not gotten to try; especially if they are made by DICE. After seeing the shoddy support with BC2 and how incompetent DICE employees are at writing net code, I'll pass on pre-ordering.

Fix the hit registration and the knife in BC2 and I *might* consider giving another DICE game a shot. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back