TechSpot

EA launches "Gun Club" for shooter fans

By Matthew
Jun 14, 2010
  1. During its E3 media briefing today, EA opened a new "Gun Club" for fans of shooter games. On the service's official website, EA says the Gun Club is a way of thanking its loyal shooter community by rewarding them for "doing what they love best" – purchasing EA shooters. Members of the Gun Club will be privileged with in-game content, early access to beta programs and demos, as well as exclusive access to events, information and development teams.

Read the whole story

2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +7

The site isn't up yet, i can't sign-in

3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,248   +92

It was up for a bit there, I was on the front page and poking around the site. In fact, that's where I got the image in the post (screenshot of the site's logo). I assume it's just down temporarily due to excessive load.

4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,251

Ahhhh, Gun Club. EA would have bought a tear to Chuck Heston's eye....if he wasn't like, uh....dead.

5. "thanking the fans for what they love best: purchasing EA shooters"

I wish they rewarded us by not releasing betas (like BAD COMPANY 2) anymore. But hey..

6. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

nice from EA, too bad i'm not into shooters & to guest if Bad Company 2 is just a beta, how do you consider others !?

cheers!

7. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,248   +92

Seems to be back up now.

8. Docnoq

Docnoq TS Rookie Posts: 141

I own BC2 and just signed up for the Gun Club, but apparently you have to pre-order MoH in addition to owning BC2 just to receive beta access to MoH. That is kind of silly. Personally, I use betas as a way to see if an upcoming game is worth purchasing to begin with. Sorry EA, but I have learned better than to pre-order games that I have not gotten to try; especially if they are made by DICE. After seeing the shoddy support with BC2 and how incompetent DICE employees are at writing net code, I'll pass on pre-ordering.

Fix the hit registration and the knife in BC2 and I *might* consider giving another DICE game a shot. Maybe.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.