EA promoting Origin with free games on Battlefield 3 pre-order

By Julio Franco
Aug 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Update (8/17): IMPORTANT, READ BEFORE BUYING. Several readers have messaged me saying EA/Origin's offer only ran through the first week of August although the email text Ars Technica received for the…

Read the whole story
  2. I don't care if every game purchase comes with naked women and a free hot pizza delivery. Origin is the enemy! I've seen their prices and I know what they're about. Screw with Steam and you screw yourselves out of getting my money, EA!
  3. j05hh

j05hh Newcomer, in training Posts: 95   +15

Amazing!!!
  4. I have no problem with origin, It doesnt really bother me. I just cant wait for bf3 to come out. I mean, did you just see the jet gameplay? It looks amazing!
  5. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

It seems like a good deal. I'll probably be preordering my copy because I think I'm the only person I know that has not played Mass Effect 2.
  6. Naked women and free hot pizza!! I don't know that sounds awfully tempting.
  7. example1013

example1013 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

...are the women hot?
  8. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

They're VERY hot, but you need to buy a DLC if you want to experience their carnal talents.
  9. example1013

example1013 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

Eh, I'm at college. Free sex with hot girls isn't a problem. I just figured if it was going to be complimentary, I mean I plan on buying BF3 anyways...
  10. i think you'll find that most modern ea titles are actually cheaper direct from origin compared with steam, steam sales are a different story though. also who cares im gonna buy anyway.
  11. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 6,510   +308

That trailer above was just released a few hours ago BTW, good timing on checking their YouTube channel.

12. BlindObject

BlindObject Newcomer, in training Posts: 446

oh my god, that trailer is ridonkilous.
  13. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

Holy smokes that is one incredible trailer. I wasn't that interested in buying this - now I'm not so sure... ;)
  14. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Sex is never free...
  15. Emin3nce

Emin3nce Newcomer, in training Posts: 129

Yeah a hooker and a 6 pack for me.

But on the assumption they aren't going to do that, i'll buy mine at a retail store just to avoid using origin. Otherwise i'll have X online distribution platforms running on my PC. That's X more security assets, X more passwords to remember etc etc.
  16. I'd make the exception for naked hot real life women. If not then I'll stick with Steam.
  17. Too bad the graphics suck.
  18. Zecias

Zecias TechSpot Booster Posts: 202

This trailer along with the deal just convinced me to preorder the game, along with a new GPU.
  19. That was some damn fine marketing. I remain undecided.
  20. 1977TA

1977TA Newcomer, in training Posts: 90

Me too, I was going to go the retail route, just to honor valve....

But then again, I remember I hated steam when it first came out.
  21. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,473   +301

The retail version will be forced through Origin as well. No getting away from it i'm afraid for BF3...
  22. Saturday

Saturday Newcomer, in training

Pretty sure this isn't actually official and open to everyone. I know my friend got offered this deal for participating in the Alpha. Haven't heard anything official on anyone else getting it. Wouldn't EA have this pasted front and center on Origin or BF3's main page if this were happening?
  23. RH00D

RH00D TechSpot Booster Posts: 387   +97

Come on man... At least put some effort into your trolling. I am disappoint.
  24. The only thing is, in the UK you can get BF3 for £30 from most retailers... but it's £40 on Origin... so yeah I dunno.
  25. ACTUALLY we will likely be able to pick up a cra- ... Oh, I'd better not. Leeky will come out of nowhere and bust my a**.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.