Eddy Cue says Apple's best product pipeline in 25 years is coming in 2014

Justin Kahn

eddy cue apple

After Apple finally officially announced its $3 billion acquisition of Beats, the company's media chief Eddy Cue said the roadmap for upcoming products is the best he has seen in a longtime from Apple. Appearing on stage with Beats co-founder Jimmy Iovine at the Code Conference, Cue said “We’ve got the best product pipeline that I’ve seen in my 25 years at Apple."

Cue didn't give out any details on what those future products are as expected, but certainly spoke a lot about Apple's TV and music efforts, two avenues Iovine is expected to take the lead on. Repots say Iovine will eventually leave his position as chairman of Vivendi’s Interscope Records to take a position under Eddy Cue at Apple. His partner and well known record producer, Dr. Dre, will continue his work making records but is quoted as saying that he will do “as much as it takes” for Apple.

“We don’t try to do too many things. We want to do a few really incredible things,” Cue said during the interview. “I believe certain products we’ve got coming are great.”

Cue's comments echo rumors and speculation that Apple is setting up to launch new television and wearable products this year. Both come in new product categories for Apple, which would be a first since CEO Tim Cook took over. The company has been criticized because the bulk of its revenue comes from products it released years ago and for the slow pace at which it is introducing new ones. The company's biggest releases this year are arguably CarPlay and a refreshed Macbook Air.

Cue was initially set to appear at Code with Apple's iOS software head Craig Federighi, with Iovine scheduled to appear separately with Beats CEO Ian Rogers. Scheduling changes were made to have Cue and Iovine appear together once news of the acquisition was made official. You can see the portion from the interview below where Cue and Iovine refer to Apple's upcoming products:

Permalink to story.

I question Apple's reasoning for pouring 3 billion into a fashion company - that's all Beats is, nothing more.

And when Mr. Cue is trying to hype up the public over new products, any attempt linking it to the recent acquisition is a delusion.

Let me guess they have a iwatch, iTV, iCar, iHeadset coming.. thats all they have... people will pay a 900% price premium for apple products its ridiculous

I question Apple's reasoning for pouring 3 billion into a fashion company - that's all Beats is, nothing more.

And when Mr. Cue is trying to hype up the public over new products, any attempt linking it to the recent acquisition is a delusion.
But Apple is a fashion company. Don't they employ full time, well known fashion designers that nobody's ever heard of? I distinctly remember a post on this site that Apple recently employed some fashion designer chick to do who knows what and I also remember her making a statement that she was super excited to be working for/with Apple, a statement she was probably paid to say, but they all have to say that because that too is probably in their contract.

"I am always curious to wonder why people think that. No one sees your phone. Its in your pocket 99.5% of the day. What makes you believe its a fashion company?"

My experience is that at least the younger folks always have there phones out in the open. They are usually talking, texting, etc. during most of their waking hours.

I wasn't aware fashion companies offered music streaming services.

Guess you learn something new everyday.

But Apple is a fashion company. Don't they employ full time, well known fashion designers that nobody's ever heard of? I distinctly remember a post on this site that Apple recently employed some fashion designer chick to do who knows what and I also remember her making a statement that she was super excited to be working for/with Apple, a statement she was probably paid to say, but they all have to say that because that too is probably in their contract.

Speaking of fashion in that picture above I'm going to set my hopes on the new device being the iShirtButtoner.

"we have out most exciting products coming THIS year, please believe us as we are quietly pooing in our pants about the rise of Android and Windows Phone. We have been the Spoilt Brats of the phone world and we want more money waaaaah waaaah"

Just one look at the expressions on these guys faces gives away how nervous they are.

Perhaps they are most concerned about losing the 'hypnosis' factor they have had on easily-lead consumers for the last years.

I look forward to an Apple free world....it's coming to a town near you.

Larger screen for the iPhone.

I GUARANTEE IT.

Maybe a set of desktop speakers. Certainly nothing of interest. When have Apple EVER said "we're releasing something so cool and superawesome COME SEE US SHOW IT," before an event? Methinks it'll be mediocre, and they are just trying to big it up.

One thing is certain the shape of the iPhone will never change. all they need to do is change a little feature like turning the white keyboard black and apple lovers will throw their money at them before its even released.

It is a funny old world...

LOL
blank.gif

Same song and dance every company does...every year.

Yeah: Is it better than the competition?

Like, as if he is going to say that it is the worse "product pipeline".

What is a "product pipeline" anyway? It seems a bit grey-print to me. A statement made with "designed ambiguity". Who buys a "product pipeline"?

From DW.UK

No doubt their amazing line up with be evolutionary/revolutionary or some other term claiming it's changing the game when in fact it will mostly be "slightly shinier to attract the Apple magpies".

Presumably all your future products are better than all your older products. Apples 2023 product pipeline should be way better than 2014

This is a turntable sold by "Bang & Olufsen".....
bo2.jpg

It, like all of their other products, has decent, but not spectacular specifications. But, with its over the top Scandinavian modern styling and pure snob appeal, their products sold for outrageous dollar amounts. The company even had single brand outlets in high end malls across the country, as well as mixed brand representation in upper tier audio salons.The company predates Apple by decades.

And yet, B & O marketing strategy translates directly to the paradigm of the modern day Apple.

So, to recap, Apple is the B & O of the computer industry. While "Beats", is the B & O of the ghetto. Straight up, yo!

So, it should be patently obvious, that Apple not only wants to harvest the cash of the yuppie set, but the inner city head bangers drug sales money as well.

As for "Beats", it's overpriced nonsense, but it gets snapped up like pairs of $200.00 signature sneakers, and it's targeted at the same "demographic".

Back