TechSpot

Electronic Arts reveals PC system requirements for Crysis 3

By Shawn Knight
Dec 3, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Crysis 3 was officially announced way back in April following a premature leak on EA's Origin the week before. We already know a great deal about the title and the storyline at this point and Crytek even offered up some...

Read more
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,334   +382

Locked and loaded for high performance. Bring it on! :D
    hammer2085 likes this.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,896   +354

Much better than I was expecting.
  4. Littleczr

Littleczr TechSpot Booster Posts: 370   +69

I'll wait and see when it comes out. I was disappointed in crysis 2, it felt like a console port. I wish they would make it so like to run the game in absolute max settings you need a Graphics card that has not even come out yet. Kind of like they did in crysis 1.
    Modeazy likes this.
  5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 832   +213

Looking forward to this one! Don't think I will be able to completely and utterly max it but I should be damn close....well maybe, maybe not! My old junker scores a P9419 3DMark11 (i7 930 + 670) and runs Crysis 2 very well at my resolution (1600p) lets hope it doesn't melt playing this.
  6. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,253   +145

8 Gb memory for high performance.

Crazy high.. wonder what thats all about?
  7. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

Maybe they didn't make a console port this time?
    I'm sure as ... not holding my breath though, no pre order this time!
    It's not like 8GB of RAM would kill anyones vacations plans though... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148543
  8. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,876   +889

I am below the lowest settings and I ran the alpha at medium at 45 fps...
  9. Dawn1113

Dawn1113 TechSpot Booster Posts: 375   +64

I'll have to take a wait and see attitude toward this one.

I've been itching for a proper PC game for a good long while now. I hope this one hits the mark.
  10. DKRON

DKRON TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 553   +9

So wait that's the "High performance system requirements" not recommended? Atleast we know its not cpu depended with the AMD Bulldozer FX4150 or a i72700K
  11. No DirectX 10?!?!?! But it runs on a Athlon 64 X2 5200+.... That makes no sense.

12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,828   +1,439

What that tells me is the game will use hyper-threading but not 6 or 8 cores. I could be wrong but thats the way I interpret the High Performance values.
  13. dcnc123

dcnc123 TechSpot Member Posts: 52

Good Thing the System Requirements in not that high :D

I think I'll be able to play this game with my 3 year old MSI GT 160M-Equipped GT628 Gaming Laptop
    :DD
  14. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

This is mostly rubbish.

You can run this with a 560 Ti or later easily at 40+ fps.

They are trying to convince hardcore Crysis 1 fans (basically the entire PC community) that they're going to back to their roots. They're not.

Truth is, the CryEngine has been optimized for consoles, this in turn has caused Crytek to make certain graphical compromises. They offset these drawbacks by adding unnecessary eye candy, such as the blinding (but beautiful) sun rays, extra blur, etc. Even textures look worse. I believe someone from TechSpot wrote a lengthy, technical forum post explaining how Crysis 2 in reality looks worse than its predecessor.

This game is no different.
    Littleczr likes this.
  15. Shadownova

Shadownova Newcomer, in training

Maybe they optimized it with intentions of porting it to next gen consoles? (Crosses fingers.)
    treetops likes this.
  16. indiangamer

indiangamer Newcomer, in training Posts: 26

For everyone saying tht CE3 is optimized for consoles, I want to say that it is true but it doesnt mean that CE3 is worse than CE2.
    I think current consoles are capping CE3 true power.
    I played C3 MP alpha and I have to say that it looks better than C2 and even the first one atleast detail wise.
    now looking better doesnt mean 100% as being technically better. for ex in real life when you see a beach for first time and a desert for first time then most of the people will praise the beach but every effect is same because it is the DAMN REAL LIFE.
    that makes crysis look better to our eyes but this doesnt mean that it is technically better.
    after seeing the grass in fields C3 trailer I am just amazed with CE3 thats why I am posting in favour of CE3 and C3
  17. "I believe someone from TechSpot wrote a lengthy, technical forum post explaining how Crysis 2 in reality looks worse than its predecessor."
    Do you think you could find and link it?
  18. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,494   +304

Meh, Original Crysis is one of my top 10 games I've played, Crysis 2 is at near the top of one of the worst games I've played, I've played the Alpha version of Crysis 3, so far thoroughly disappointed but it could all change I guess, I'll wait for the reviews this time though.
    Per Hansson likes this.
  19. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Even though my system's in between recommended specs, I still need a little experiment to play it in smooth framerate (preferably 60fps). Can't wait to test it out.
  20. Modeazy

Modeazy Newcomer, in training Posts: 27

Textures probably
  21. Modeazy

Modeazy Newcomer, in training Posts: 27

All that 'can it play Crysis' stuff is over. Just make a game thats playable and fantastic.
  22. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,661   +57

Arg directx 11 required, id bet this will change before release
  23. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

Or after release, depending on the mod community of course
    Anyone remember "Halo 2" and it's supposed Vista requirement? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_2#Windows_version
  24. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 148   +41

If they start tessellating invisible oceans, trees and clouds in the sky, every concrete barrier and building wall, you can bring a GTX690 to its knees if you wanted to.

I am rather looking forward to Tomb Raider, Company of Heroes 2, Metro Last Light, Starcraft 2 HoTS, GTA V, etc.

Crysis 3 looks just as linear as Crysis 2 is and the graphics are nothing special at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2NuT-zeAvk
  25. Don't care for this game because it's published by Electronic Arts - the company that has the motto "If you are better than us, we buy you out".

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.