EMX-A70FM2+iCafe processor upgrade

I have a EMX-A70FM2+iCafe Motherboard and AMD A6-6400K APU Processor. I want anyone to help me find the best processor that is compatible with my pc, since I don't know anything about upgrading processors if it will work or just fail to fit and make my pc run faster. Here's a screenshot of my motherboard specs and a picture of more info about my pc.Screenshot_2021_0714_231045.jpgIMG_20210714_232026.jpg

Last edited:
In terms of fit that is determined by the socket type which says it supports FM2/FM2+. If you check the manufacturer's support pages here:

There is a PDF there that gives you a list of the CPUs you could use. Since you don't know anything about how comparing CPUs let's' look up the one you have now:

That CPU you have scores 1435 marks which is still passable for a light browsing the Internet, but I agree, it's not very fast. If you are running an older HDD than it would be terrible slow. I think a SSD instead of a HDD would help the most here but let's compare your current CPU to a modern bottom-of-the-line AMD CPU:

See? Over 7000 marks and all you need is that CPU a basic B450 chipset motherboard from anyone (Asus, Gigabyte etc..) and a 8GB RAM kit off the QVL and you are in much better shape then looking for a good used FM2 CPU.

If you go for the used FM2 CPU you will be somewhat constrained by availability of what is being offered through the used market. You can use that website I showed you to figure out how fast the CPU is going to be before you purchase it. Also....you might have to upgrade the cooler too, so there might be an additional expense. I use this one:

It works for the FM2/FM2+ Socket and it's easy to install.

In terms of fit that is determined by the socket type which says it supports FM2/FM2+. If you check the manufacturer's support pages here:

There is a PDF there that gives you a list of the CPUs you could use. Since you don't know anything about how comparing CPUs let's' look up the one you have now:

That CPU you have scores 1435 marks which is still passable for a light browsing the Internet, but I agree, it's not very fast. If you are running an older HDD than it would be terrible slow. I think a SSD instead of a HDD would help the most here but let's compare your current CPU to a modern bottom-of-the-line AMD CPU:

See? Over 7000 marks and all you need is that CPU a basic B450 chipset motherboard from anyone (Asus, Gigabyte etc..) and a 8GB RAM kit off the QVL and you are in much better shape then looking for a good used FM2 CPU.

If you go for the used FM2 CPU you will be somewhat constrained by availability of what is being offered through the used market. You can use that website I showed you to figure out how fast the CPU is going to be before you purchase it. Also....you might have to upgrade the cooler too, so there might be an additional expense. I use this one:

It works for the FM2/FM2+ Socket and it's easy to install.
Thank you so much for commenting.. So basically, I need to buy a new motherboard also with the processor and ram because it has AM4 socket type and DDR3 is not supported by b450 motherboard.. what processor you prefer for gaming? (An affordable but fast would be great!), will the old (EMX-A70FM2+iCafe) hard drive still fit on B450 motherboard?, will I need other necessary parts to purchase on upgrading this pc? will it be worth it to upgrade this old pc or should I just buy a new one? thank's for putting the link for your cooler. (y) (Y)

Your old case/PSU/HDD should work fine. You should try to nab this CPU:

Check the single thread performance of that CPU:

That is one of the main things to think about when trying to game. The overall score matters too and that CPU does well there too (for the price!).

If you don't make a move fast enough the 2nd choice would be the Ryzen 5 3600 and when those dry up you would move on the the Ryzen 5 5600x however the price is going to keep climbing and with that last one you will want a B500 chipset board (which costs a little more) so check back in for recommendations on that, before you pull the trigger on a B550. Sorry the links are from Canada but that is where I am and in Can$ that price is pretty good in this climate of overpriced everything due to the pandemic.

Back