TechSpot

EpoX 8KHA and 8KHA+ mainboards and fitting of VisionTek GeForce4 Ti4600

By Arris
Mar 8, 2002
  1. [​IMG]

According to AGP2.0 specifications the spacing around the AGP port on the motherboard isn't really up to the specs. Bit of a messy motherboard configuration by Epox...

2. wizard

wizard TS Rookie

Email I received from EPoX about the issue. I'd say that EPoX has cleaned this one up excellently. There have been more and more people saying that they have a Ti4600 running perfectly on a 8KHA+ so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It seems that it is and oddity to have a Ti4600 that doesn't work, so far there are more people saying it DOES work than it doesn't.

3. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Posts: 672

I really like how EPOX handle these stuff. I still remember there was a big hoo-haa when the board had problems hitting FSB higher than 140 or something like that. They even offered free BIOS replacements :D

4. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 761

"The other solution is to take it to a certified computer technician where they can remove the offending capacitor. It is not recommended that you do this procedure yourself since if done incorrectly it could damage your motherboard and/or your own safety. "

So what exactly does the "offending" capacitor do? Must not be much if it can just be removed. I love the way manufacturers offer these kind of solutions.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.