TechSpot

EpoX 8KHA and 8KHA+ mainboards and fitting of VisionTek GeForce4 Ti4600

By Arris
Mar 8, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

According to AGP2.0 specifications the spacing around the AGP port on the motherboard isn't really up to the specs. Bit of a messy motherboard configuration by Epox...

2. wizard

wizard Newcomer, in training

Email I received from EPoX about the issue. I'd say that EPoX has cleaned this one up excellently. There have been more and more people saying that they have a Ti4600 running perfectly on a 8KHA+ so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It seems that it is and oddity to have a Ti4600 that doesn't work, so far there are more people saying it DOES work than it doesn't.
  3. lokem

lokem Newcomer, in training Posts: 773

I really like how EPOX handle these stuff. I still remember there was a big hoo-haa when the board had problems hitting FSB higher than 140 or something like that. They even offered free BIOS replacements :D
  4. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

"The other solution is to take it to a certified computer technician where they can remove the offending capacitor. It is not recommended that you do this procedure yourself since if done incorrectly it could damage your motherboard and/or your own safety. "

So what exactly does the "offending" capacitor do? Must not be much if it can just be removed. I love the way manufacturers offer these kind of solutions.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.