Error 0x50 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guy
I am using Dell Latitude D800 laptop with 1 gig ram 2.0 gHz intel processor and 40G HDD. I think i have about 15% of space left on my HD. I have got a peculiar problem. All of a sudden my laptop gave following error page and stoped working.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_mini.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.
If this screen appears again, follow these steps

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continue, disable any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you ned to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and
then select safe mode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xCDCDCDD1, 0x00000000, 0xF73D3F66, 0x00000000)

*** nv4_mini.sys - address f73d3f66 base at f73ad000, date stamp 3f6f73c1

Now whenever i want to start the screen starts changing colors and gets some vertical lines and i can't go anywhere. Anyone who could help! It will be much appreciated.

Thanks

I did it works sometimes in safe mode. It started in mormal mode as well yesterday and i could not see anything on the screen. then i connected external screen and that screen also didn't get any thing on it. When i switched the screen on/off all it gave was a constant flicker on it. I did it a few times to check but everytime i got the same result. It looks like i have got some major problem with display.

It looks like a problem with video chip, which, in case of a laptop, is not good, since it's not replaceable (at least not by yourself).
You may need to bring it to the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back