Ethernet Controller problem

By P4PC
Aug 6, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I've recently reinstalled my Xp OS due to virus ect. I manage to install the Audio and what not going to hp.com because that's where my computer is from. What I can't install is my Ethernet controller (LAN) has a ? next to it. I tried to Update driver, reinstall driver and nothing heres some information hopefully I'm not the only one with this problem!.

My PC spec: HP Compaq d220 Microtower Desktop PC
    Inter(r) pentium(r) 4 cpu 2.8GH Z 280GHZ, 512 MB of RAM
    I don't know if this will help but Device ID is (PCI\VEN_14E&DEV_4401&SUBSYS_217914A4&REV_01\4&1A671D0C&0&50F0)

if you need any more information please lemme know. thank you guys!
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

I suspect you're missing a digit from that Device ID? Im guessing it starts as PCI\VEN_14E4 which is a device from Broadcom.

The HP download site for your computer lists two different Ethernet drivers: one for Intel controllers and the other for Broadcom. You need the Broadcom driver. Try this download
  3. P4PC

P4PC TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 71

Yes, sorry forgot one last digit, and it worked, thank you so much, I very much appreciate you just saved my life!. :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.