TechSpot

Everykey is the wristband that replaces your passwords and controlled-access keys

By Shawn Knight
Nov 10, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Wearable technology is slowly but surely becoming more capable. While early devices weren't able to do much more than display notifications from a connected smartphone, the current crop of personal gadgets can perform tasks like monitoring your health and even...

Read more

2. JohnCB

JohnCB TS Booster Posts: 118   +62

Call me paranoid, but I'm a little leery about wearing my passwords on my wrist.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

I like the idea but I can do without wearing any cheap, funky looking bangles, in fact I don't wear any kind of jewelry apart from a plain wedding band and a proper watch when I dress up so this is not gonna do for me.

davislane1 and MilwaukeeMike like this.
  4. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

Funny, I can store one password which goes like, wR1$t143

5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,518   +506

If they made something ruberized for a keychain I would buy one.

That "funky" looking wristband looks cheap and fragile.

6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,754   +1,107

I don't need something for my passwords, but something to open the car, garage and house would be cool. I think I still prefer the NFC ring for this purpose though. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mclear/nfc-ring

Being that I'm no longer in college, I'm not up for the whole 'Hey look at me, I'm wearing technology!' thing that a colored wristband would mean.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

I agree with you there. I think their idea is great and I would buy into it if came as a key fob and not some crappy hippie looking bangle.

8. The 328373635th wasted wristable product.

9. Kibaruk

The 328373636th wasted guest post.

Back on topic, rubberized keychain, make it happen!!

10. This is very nice, is someone steal your bracelet he has full access to everything you own. I wonder how they can disable the device remotely? Sim card?

Also your kid can get your bracelet while you sleep and buy stuff online with your phone or computer.

PASSWORD is suppose to be secret and known only by you, dont confuse this device with 2 factors authetication. If you dont want security just dont use a password and dont whine when someone steal your stuff.

11. Kibaruk

What difference does this have with your kid taking your credit card while you sleep? (The answer is none btw, so you actually have to take care of it as you do with anything else in your life, also if your kid steals from you that's terrible parenting).

12. tsubwoofer69

tsubwoofer69 TS Member Posts: 23

With all the hacking going on? Worst possible timing for this. With the Russian, suspected Chinese and all of that stuff.

13. Kibaruk

With this line of thought "Wow very hacking much stolen wow".

I'm done.

14. tsubwoofer69

tsubwoofer69 TS Member Posts: 23

Where did did you get that from what I said?