TechSpot

Everytime i type, AOL 9.0 VR opens and goes to Yahoo Websearch

By clueless99
Nov 24, 2010
  1. Hi,

Im new to this forum and i hope you guys can help me:

Basically, everytime i type something on my keyboard, even when im not connected to the internet, a message comes up in big writing at the bottom left of my screen saying "SEARCHING THE INTERNET" and then AOL 9.0 VR opens up and goes directly to Yahoo Websearch. I never use Yahoo websearch and this has only started happening in the last few days. I have the newest version of Norton Internet Security and i have run full system scans which only seem to find and fix tracking cookies. I have tried using MalwareBytes to search for viruses aswell and this seems not to have worked. I have tried MSCONFIG and deselecting aol entities and this doesnt work. I cannot delete AOL as other people on the PC need it for Email.

Im convinced this is a virus or something along those lines, however it could be something really simple which someone has turned on or something.

Ive attatched a Print Screen Caption of what the "SEARCHING INTERNET" thing looks like (i wasnt connected to the internet at that point).

Thank you in advance and i hope you guys can help as this is really annoying me!

2. clueless99

clueless99 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Attatchment

Here is the screen shot

Attached Files:

3. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 52,905   +344

Welcome aboard [​IMG]

Typing where? In what program?

4. clueless99

clueless99 TS Rookie Topic Starter

it seems to have fixed itself somehow and works completely normally now.
    Thank you for the reply though Broni! :)

5. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 52,905   +344

Cool [​IMG]
    Good luck and stay safe :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.