EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti is now available under MSRP

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: EVGA is currently offering one of its flagship Nvidia graphics cards below MSRP, a true rarity in this day and age. The EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Black edition (model 24G-P5-4981-KR) is available as of writing for $1,899.99 after a $100 instant rebate.

The FTW3 Black packs a massive 3.5-slot, triple-fan cooling system that pushes the card's dimensions to 5.38 inches in height and 11.81 inches in length. The card features 10,752 cores with a boost clock of 1,860 MHz and 24GB of 384-bit GDDR6X memory, and comes equipped with an HDMI port and three DisplayPort connectors. There's also a built-in RGB LED light strip.

Also see: TechSpot's GeForce RTX 3090 Ti review

The GPU maker is imposing a limit of two cards per household and is offering free standard shipping to EVGA Elite members for a limited time. They're also offering a zero percent financing plan through Affirm that lets buyers spread out the purchase price over 12 months.

Saving five percent on a $2,000 video card won't blow your socks off, but it is still below MSRP and we haven't seen much of that lately due to component shortages and scalpers.

Deeper discounts on current-gen Nvidia cards aren't out of the realm of possibility, especially considering the GPU maker is expected to announce RTX 40 series cards as early as July.

Permalink to story.

It hasn't been hard to find GPUs over the past 3+ months....I'm kind of surprised prices on some are still up there.

Look at Micro Center, they're sitting on thousands of GPUs between AMD and Nvidia, but the prices are still upwards of $100+ over MSRP on most cards and those prices have been like that the past few months.

It wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing the drop of prices to finally be MSRP or below in the next month or so.

I picked up my 3080 for around $850 after taxes and shipping some time ago. Right now the 3080s are still upwards of $920+ at Micro Center, which means if I walked into my local store right now and purchased a 3080 10GB for $919.99, I still be paying around $980 after taxes. That's too high.

I'm kind of surprised that many of these cards are still that high over MSRP with how much inventory is now sitting on shelves and with the idea of next gen looming on the horizon.....

I bought my 3090 FTW3 when Cyberpunk was released.

That was December 2020. The 3090 Ti was only recently released in 22’. That’s an aweful long time to have to go without a good GPU.

No way Hose ,still to hihf of a price for obsolete gpus like 3080 or 3090 ,buy a 3070 Ti in 2 months or 3 under MSRP and wait 2 years for for 40..80.90 or Ti until **** are optimized and mature and then buy an AMD gpu because you want better energy consumption and survive the Energy War , that is on-going from the beginning of the industrial revolution and will last for ever ! The evolution is to near to be lost !!Technology is at a birth , AI is driving these Chips and its just a matter of time for expansion , ο νοών νοήτω!

F the MSRP of these cards period, the only ones that are near value are the MSRP of 3080/3070.
If we accept these new prices they wont go away.

"The GPU maker is imposing a limit of two cards per household and is offering free standard shipping to EVGA Elite members for a limited time."

Damn it's a shame, I was only going to buy if I could buy 3 of them... One for my PC, one for my wall and one to rub in the faces of all the AMDrones out there.

Interesting nvidia guided down while amd guided up. Crypto crash hurting nvidia much more I guess.
AMD has its exciting Ryzen 7000 series CPU line-up as well as AM5 compared to the competition is probably the main driving factor.
Compare that to the record 800 watt tdp Nvidia is rumored to launch with for next gen just to stay competitive. The early launch rumors likely helped last week although there is a lot of resistance at the 52 week low around the sub $160s.
Update if falls below this point it will likely end up in a massive short creating new lows.

Last edited:
There is a limit as to how much Nvidia can try and milk consumers. With each new generation, they are increasing the price of the halo product quite substantially. The RTX 3090 and 3090 Ti are not expected to sell well since most gamers won't want to spend that kind of money just to game. So in essence, these cards are only good for people who, (1) mine cryptocurrency, and, (2) using it for professional/ content creation use.

There is a limit as to how much Nvidia can try and milk consumers. With each new generation, they are increasing the price of the halo product quite substantially. The RTX 3090 and 3090 Ti are not expected to sell well since most gamers won't want to spend that kind of money just to game. So in essence, these cards are only good for people who, (1) mine cryptocurrency, and, (2) using it for professional/ content creation use.

Or those gullible enough to believe that it's a requirement to have 24GB of VRAM so they can play 4K because anything less won't mean "future proof".

For me to buy this overpriced piece of junk...Not only would I be spending 1800 bucks on the card...But a couple of hundred for a new case to put the monstrosity in and a new power supply to feed its gargantuan appetite for electricity. It's a purchase for morons.
Speaking of.. I just wanted to mention that while the 6950 XT is faster than a 3090ti, it is not only $900 cheaper, but it draws 115 watts less power.

EDIT

I just wanted to throw in that the old 6900 XT draws 140 watts less than a 3090 ti, is $1200 less expensive, and is literally a matter of a few % points from the 3090 ti.

Last edited:
Things are almost all better! Now, if only the 3090ti could drop below the price of the superior 6950 xt

Greetings from Stehekin, WA. Very much apprecated your comments. Looks like I am however light years away from the latest and greatest AMD and NVIDIA talk! Especially the prices. Unfortunately things for me and the man on the street are not better. All mostly driven by the mere fact of the still rising fuel prices at the pumps and continuing inflation. Surely that is where my little money has been going and disappearing too! Zero left over for the pure luxury of upgrading or new PC hardware acquisitions. At the end of the latest computer show at the Grange here in Wenatchee, WA, they were setting-up for a gun show. My buddy from Diablo near the Canadian border said that he was actually thinking about buying a gun for 'self-protection' instead of dropping his carefully ‘squirreled-away’ hard cash on a major used i7-7700K, GTX 1080 PC upgrade. Where has this world come too?

It hasn't been hard to find GPUs over the past 3+ months....I'm kind of surprised prices on some are still up there.

Wrong, I have been on the EVGA EU Q for a 3080 for 601 days exactly now (since early Oct 2020) and I still don't have a card and every 3080 is sold out at the EVGA EU site and it is impossible to buy.

Dunno where you base your conjecture on when EVGA EU literally has no cards to sell.

Wrong, I have been on the EVGA EU Q for a 3080 for 601 days exactly now (since early Oct 2020) and I still don't have a card and every 3080 is sold out at the EVGA EU site and it is impossible to buy.

Dunno where you base your conjecture on when EVGA EU literally has no cards to sell.
So buy it somewhere else. They are everywhere. You could trip over them.

Wrong.

Don't live in the EU then. Cards are falling off the shelves in the States and EVGA has tons of available cards onilne in the States.

Also, if you're waiting on a 10GB model, they've become hard to come by. The 12GBs are more common and cost more. Since the intro of the 12GB, the 10GB has been slowly getting phased out. The only 10GB model on EVGA.com is the FTW3 for $869.99 (which is, to me, $150 over what is really should be selling for). Almost all the 12GB models are available for purchase, but they're all around the $1k price point or higher.

The 3070 is also getting hard to come by, but the 3070Ti models are very much available all over.

If you're hoping for a 10GB model, you're pretty much just wasting your time now, especially if the model you're waiting on is the XC3 Black or XC3 Gaming models, those models just don't get made. Last ones that even sold on the US EVGA queue was for people on the queue all the way back in 9/17/20. They make very little these models and if you didn't put in for a high-end model (like the FTW3 or XC3 Ultra) you won't see one.

Back