Explorer.exe using 950 mb of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Lately I've been having trouble with my system speed, especially for the first while after startup. It appears that part of the problem is explorer.exe, which is at the moment using 950,668 K of memory. I am very confused because this is not supposed to be a RAM-hungry process, and it's using almost half my memory. I've done virus scans with both Sophos and Avira, and have ThreatFire installed. My system specs are:
Make: Dell
Model: Vostro 400
processor: Intel core 2 quad
graphics card: Nvidia GT 8800
RAM: 3.0 GB

Are you using any visual enhancements? that can increase the amount of physical ram explorer.exe process may use.

One more thing; please make a new user account and login from this new account and check what amount of physical ram the explorer.exe process then uses.

hmmmm..........

Hi,
Lately I've been having trouble with my system speed, especially for the first while after startup. It appears that part of the problem is explorer.exe, which is at the moment using 950,668 K of memory. I am very confused because this is not supposed to be a RAM-hungry process, and it's using almost half my memory. I've done virus scans with both Sophos and Avira, and have ThreatFire installed. My system specs are:
Make: Dell
Model: Vostro 400
processor: Intel core 2 quad
graphics card: Nvidia GT 8800
RAM: 3.0 GB

It migh be some internal settings that are wrong......

It migh be some internal settings that are wrong......

Well, as i said probably it is something to do with profile and indexation issues; if so by simply creating a new user account and logging in from that may resolve the issue.

Try that Archean told you to do. If it is the same then try to stop all program running as example Anti-virus etc.... Also make a screenshot of you Task Manager and post it if the problem persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back