Explorer.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryiam

Ok i am having problems with looking at symbols like the peace sign on the internet. I had fixed my problem on explorer.exe. sorry. I have downloaded some kind of symbol pack but it didn't work. Suggestion or how to fix it? this is what pops up ☮just numbers or thats what i am seeing

The heading is not real good

And your post doesn't really help much more

If you go to Google and search for symbol pictures it doesn't work?

By the way I've seen these box errors before, but your description and fault specific issue needs a bit more help.

Where? (maybe provide a link)
What? (which program, and what are you looking at exactly? pics?)
When? (is it happening all the time? on all websites?)

Thank you kimsland for the quick reply! I guess i have fixed it. I was having trouble viewing Japanese symbols.......peace symbols......stars etc. on any page that displayed them. And yes i am sorry for the title. I had a question about explorer.exe earlier but i fixed it to. So i guess i have fixed both problems........ :blush: sorry to of taken up your time........i really am! Please forgive me!

just fyi....

If you look carefully at those numbers in those box symbols you'll find that it represents the hexadecimal value of a symbol your browser doesn't know how to display. So, for example, the code 262E is the value you were having a problem with.

Should you have the problem again you can usually Google the word "symbol" and the hex value to find what symbol it is and the font(s) which support it.

e.g try Googing: symbol 262e

now that's a handy site for other reasons!

i just like having the different fonts conveniently displayed one next to the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back