TechSpot

Extreme Lag in Source Dedicated Server

By cfitzarl
Feb 14, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I set up a Server for a production team that I work for online that deals with GUIs, Skins, Maps, etc with CS:S. I installed Mani Admin Plugin, left the server un-secure (long story), and then tested it. I logged in and experienced something that I wish I didn't. The lag was extreme, and I was scoring as high as 130 ping on my own server. I am on a router, although I wouldn't think that it would do that much to the server. Whenever I walk around, I get detained back constantly, and I can't run a server like this. Any help would be very appreciated. The server ip is 192.168.0.105:27015 .

*PS*
    My friend, who just so happens to be a member of the team reported that he couldn't log on, that it would say "Server Not Responding", along with any server that I would creat in-game (they also have mani setup).
  2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,520   +9

Someone here knows, right?
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,407   +314

this address is a PRIVATE, NON-ROUTABLE IP. The implication is
    you must port forward 27015 from your public router to ip 192.168.0.105
    or be attached to the 192.168.0.* network
    or move it to a public address.

Can your user population use run->cmd /k PING 192.168.0.105 ?
    Internal ping rate as measured by the game itself is meaningless.
  4. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,520   +9

Okay, thank you :) . I have no access to anything that has to do with my network, so I'll set up another server on an older computer at one of my parents' house. I can't set anything, nor reset anything :( .
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.