Extreme Lag in Source Dedicated Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

I set up a Server for a production team that I work for online that deals with GUIs, Skins, Maps, etc with CS:S. I installed Mani Admin Plugin, left the server un-secure (long story), and then tested it. I logged in and experienced something that I wish I didn't. The lag was extreme, and I was scoring as high as 130 ping on my own server. I am on a router, although I wouldn't think that it would do that much to the server. Whenever I walk around, I get detained back constantly, and I can't run a server like this. Any help would be very appreciated. The server ip is 192.168.0.105:27015 .

*PS*
My friend, who just so happens to be a member of the team reported that he couldn't log on, that it would say "Server Not Responding", along with any server that I would creat in-game (they also have mani setup).

cfitzarl said:
I set up a Server for a production team that I work for online that deals with GUIs, Skins, Maps, etc with CS:S. ....
The server ip is 192.168.0.105:27015 .

*PS*
My friend, who just so happens to be a member of the team reported that he couldn't log on, that it would say "Server Not Responding", along with any server that I would creat in-game (they also have mani setup).

this address is a PRIVATE, NON-ROUTABLE IP. The implication is
you must port forward 27015 from your public router to ip 192.168.0.105
or be attached to the 192.168.0.* network
or move it to a public address.

Can your user population use run->cmd /k PING 192.168.0.105 ?
Internal ping rate as measured by the game itself is meaningless.

Okay, thank you :) . I have no access to anything that has to do with my network, so I'll set up another server on an older computer at one of my parents' house. I can't set anything, nor reset anything :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back