TechSpot

Facebook named third most popular video website behind YouTube and Hulu

By Justin
Nov 20, 2009
  1. If you needed any more proof of just how large and important social networking has become, the following bit of news should convince you. When you think of online video, sites like YouTube and Hulu probably come to mind, but you should add Facebook to that list. The social networking giant is ranked number three for video streams worldwide, according to research by Nielsen.

Read the whole story

2. teklord

teklord TS Maniac Posts: 527

I love Facebook although it isn't my first choice for streaming content.

3. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 311

Humm there are video's on Facebook? You learn something new every day.

4. Yes but most of the vids are linked from Youtube anyway. Big deal. I wish people would spend a bit less time there and join the rest of us on the other 95% of the interenet. There's a whole world of stuff going on that they don't get to see because they're too busy doing quizzes.

5. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 689   +48

If hulu starts charging for TV people already have and it isn't free anymore they'll lose 632 million users! Youtube will probably remain on top for a long time, facebook's popularity is growing but just like myspace another will come along and facebook will lose its popularity.

6. WakeMO

WakeMO TS Rookie Posts: 18

Facebook and Youtube should have a baby, then that would be the ultimate website

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.