Facebook won't load

It doesn't load on all browsers, but loads on other user. It either doesn't load or says 404 error not found. I checked the site is on, I am having this problem for about 2weeks. Everything else loads, just the Facebook, turning off firewall and antivirus doesn't help either.

Moved to Windows OS forum as per Broni's request, and to provide more suitable assistance for the OP's problem.

Ya sorry about posting in wrong section, didn't actually knew where to post, few more notes. Os:windows 7 x64. It actually loaded toady the first time, but then after turning it off and trying again it stopped working. In other forum I've got reply that it might have something to do with dns changer virus, but it seems that my dns isn't changed.

No problem, it happens. :)

Are you able to ping facebook.com from within command prompt?

To load it, click start and type in the box cmd and press enter. Then type ping facebook.com

If it works, you will get four replies, if not they will all fail.

Also, have you recently change any security software (firewall, AV, malware cleaners etc) or removed anything? Did the problem begin after making a significant changes?

Works 4 replies, 4 sent 4 received. I have recently got nod antivirus, but fb broke about two weeks after nod, no other significant changes

Then there isn't a problem with connecting in the back-end. E.g. on the networking side of the OS it is fine.

Sounds like its software (firewall permissions) related to me. What firewall are you using, and have you recently removed another firewall software?

Also, reset your internet connection (router), run disk clean-up, and from the command prompt type ipconfig /flushdns then reboot and try again.

I dug up that something is wrong with proxy, on Mozilla proxy settings I changed from use system settings to automatically detect and it worked, loads fine now, doesn't work on other browser, but probably same problem. Never had problems with proxy so nor really know about that stuff, but if it is possible I think that some virus changed system settings. Launched nod last night and it found about 30 threats. Downloaded malwarebytes today it found 11 threats and that was on quick scan, so I believe the I will launch full scan it will find even more. There does all this stuff come from never had so many infections before. Anyway thanks for your assistance.

Suggest you make sure the following is done:

Reset your browser proxies
  • For Firefox:
    o Open Firefox, click on "Tools" then "Options" and then on "Advanced".
    o Click on the "Network" tab, and then on the "Settings" button.
    o Please make sure that the "No Proxy" option is selected.
  • For Internet Explorer:
    o Open Internet Explorer.
    o Click on "Tools" and then select "Internet Options".
    o Click on the "Connections" tab and click the "LAN Settings" button at the bottom.
    o Uncheck "Use a Proxy server for your LAN".
    o Click OK to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window.
    o Click OK to close the Internet Options window.
======================================
Note: You may have been getting redirected when you did search. If the proxy is pointed at a malware site, that can happen.
=======================================
Since you had malware symptoms and found some malware, you might want to switch to the Virus & Malware Forum and check the system out. Although Malwarebytes may find and remove some malware processes, it may not find and/or remove all.

Go to the Forum HERE. Start a new thread describing the problem and follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

Paste the logs in that thread to get help.

Back