failed loaded modules: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SpeechEngines\Microsoft\spcommon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conjon

Ok, i recently bought a new gfx card to make counter strike: source run, and after checking the steam error page, it should now work, but the game crashed once again, I check the error page and it said: 'failed loaded modules: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SpeechEngines\Microsoft\spcommon.dll - This is a websearch toolbar'

So i ran my scans, got rid of a few things, and ran the error check again, ok its gone.

Next day game crashes again, same reason as before, is there a way to permanately get rid of this bug?

Also i've seen this on the web, do you think it is safe, or not? http://www.tuneupadvisor.com/fix-dll.aspx

I wouldn't use that DLL fixer. There's tons of good antivirus/antispyware programs available for free, so there's really no need to run this. Plus the risk of it being bad.

Please post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread as per these instructions. Then we can see whether or not malware is causing the problem.

Regards :)

File Name: Spcommon.dll
File Size: 77.824
File Version: 5.1.4111.00 (XPClient.010817-1148)
File Company: Microsoft Corporation
File Description: Microsoft Speech SR/TTS Common Library

It sure don`t look like anything to do with any websearch toolbar to me. ;)

c:\program files\common files\speechengines\microsoft\spcommon.dll is also the correct location of the file.

Regards Howard :)

Sorry that was a typing mistake, the error said common.dll was a websearch, im guessing if may of hidden on spcommon.dll? I'll do what you said.
I recently deleted it again, so it might not be there now, but here is the HJT log.

Ah, I see.

Again, it depends where the file is running from as to whether it`s nasty or not. This is where it`s supposed to run from.

c:\program files\google\google earth\common.dll

Follow kitty500cat`s advice and post a HJT log as per the instructions in the link he gave you.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

What location is the common.dll file running from?

I'm getting all sorts of errors from the game engine now, suppose I shouldn't of downloaded the whole thing. I'll wait untill I get my disc back and get back to you, thanks.

The error check told me that the following loaded modules failed :spcommon.dll.
I thought thats where it would of been?

oh and any idea what this means 'failed to lock index buffer CMeshDX8::LockIndexBuffer'. I know it's not to do with the web, but any idea?

Thanks.

Conjon said:
oh and any idea what this means 'failed to lock index buffer CMeshDX8::LockIndexBuffer'. I know it's not to do with the web, but any idea?

Haven`t got a clue what that`s all about mate. :confused:

It's back, jeez. This is what the error check tells me:

Loaded Modules: Failed
The following loaded modules were found on your system. Please try exiting or uninstalling the application assoicated with them, and see if that resolves your issue
Module: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SpeechEngines\Microsoft\spcommon.dll
common.dll is WebSearch toolbar
For more information, click here
Severity: Low

There`s what looks like two .dll files in question here. One is the spcommon.dll file that we know the filepath for. I.E C:\Program Files\Common Files\SpeechEngines\Microsoft\spcommon.dll.

The other one is the common.dll file and that`s the one I`d like you to find the filepath for.

The normal location of the common.dll file is, c:\program files\google\google earth\common.dll If it`s found anywhere else it is suspect. That`s why I need you to give me the full filepath to all instances of that fle you find on your system.

You might also want to download and run this Tool HERE.

Ok, I ran the tool, it found nothing. I searched 'common.dll' in search and the only thing it found was spcommon.dll (in its right place).
Im starting to think this isn't a bug or anything, if it's a speech engine thats failing maybe it's because im running ventrilo at the same time as the playing the game?

It's the latest version, I might try fix any errors using my XP disc, see if there is any problems with spcommon.
Also I have updated my drivers to the latest (as it was off the asrock site itself) for my model, and all these driver checks are still telling me that the AC97 Audio drivers are out of date :S

great thread title; it won't go --- I wonder what this might be ...

please try to relate to the problem, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back