Fallout 3: Point Lookout DLC goes live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

The fourth downloadable episode for Fallout 3 has arrived on the PC and Xbox 360 this morning. Dubbed Point Lookout, the extra content will put players in a radioactive swampland along the coast of Maryland where they will encounter new mutants, allies, and low-tech weapons as they try to unravel the mysteries of this town. The pack is designed for level 20+ players and like previous releases it costs 800 Microsoft Points ($10).

Those buying the Games for Windows version of Point Lookout, will need to install the latest game update (version 1.6); available here. A fifth expansion, the alien-abduction-themed Mothership Zeta is expected to come in late July. Meanwhile PlayStation 3 owners will be given access to the first DLC in the series, Operation Anchorage, this month, followed by The Pitt and Broken Steel after 4-6 week intervals.

Permalink to story.

So rather than do any form of real bugfixing, they're pushing out their ports of broken expansion packs. It doesn't matter how many expansions they bring out, a broken game is still a broken game and they should really be focusing on fixing the game first.

Well Guest, I have roughly 130 hours into the game including 2 DLC's, and except for a very rare game freeze (maybe once every 15-20 hours - and every game does that) and the game freezing on exit (which they're aware about but is no big deal ending it with Task Manager), I have zero problems playing Fallout 3. And apparently hundreds of thousands of other players aren't having issues either because they're all lining up to buy the latest DLC.

Well whoop-di-doo and good for you. I've played Fallout 3 on several different operating systems and regardless of which one I use, I am plagued with CTD errors. Ever since the 1.1.0.35 patch, the V.A.T.S. mode has been buggy and their latest patch wrecked havoc with most mods.

Ever since I updated from the original install, I have not been able to minimize and maximize. VATS always has a bit of lag when I first lock onto an enemy as well. At least the game is not locking as much as it was, but not being able to minimize and maximize has been really lame. If I get an IM or feel like browsing the web, I have to close the whole game. Kind of annoying.

ive had one game freeze throughout my entire fallout 3 gameplay and ive got 2 characters at 80+ hours each, i have 3 of the 4 dlc's and the game isnt "broke" if u dont like the game its simple... dont play it

love the game, however i do not wanner pay for a game that dosent work 100 % on my ps3, my game now freezes 5-10 min apart after i got the DLC.,,,,,, and support tlf dosent help me much, i just feel like i am getting screwed for my money .. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back