TechSpot

Far Cry 3 announced, coming in 2012

By Emil
Jun 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. At the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Ubisoft announced the development of Far Cry 3. The game will arrive for the PlayStation 3, the Xbox 360, and Windows in 2012.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,349   +398

Yay! One of my favorite series. :)

3. venomblade

venomblade TS Rookie Posts: 69

do you have malaria in this one again? Or does it go back to when it's actually good and you have feral powers.

4. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

Unlike the rest of the world, I thought Far Cry 2 was a great game

5. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 402   +35

I was also one of the few who really enjoyed Far Cry 2. Yes it had lots of annoyances and wasn't a crowd pleasure for sure, but the environment and the graphics engine was just so beautiful that it made up for a lot of it. I'm a gamer who likes to spend time enjoying the scenery, I don't just rush through like most. I have no doubt all the big annoyances people had with the single player will be straighted out in one way or another.

However there was one HUGE downfall with FC2 multiplayer. Artificially limited ballistic range. Meaning if you fired your AK-47 assault rifle at an enemy more than say, 30 meters away, your bullets would no longer exist past 30 meters. The enemy still heard the sound effect of bullets wizzing by, but the matter didn't exist so you would not get your hits. You can easily see this by shooting at water from a distance, up close your bullets hit and you see the splashes. Keep moving away from the water and very soon, your bullets will no longer hit the water. WHY?!?!?! WHY did they do that??? This completely crippled the game to where EVERYONE had to use a sniper rifle, that was the only way to get a kill. And even the sniper rifles had artificially limited ballistic range. It was just TERRIBLE and I hope that problem no longer exists in FC3.

Also please include LAN, plenty of us still have LAN parties you know...

6. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Far Cry 2 is probably the last remnant of my Steam Christmas sale games that I have yet to play. Too many games too little time.

7. Emin3nce

Emin3nce TS Rookie Posts: 129

I thought FC2 was awesome apart from the constant malaria and respawns. I mean, i hated driving past the same damn guard tower 7 times on one mission, each and every time the SAME guys driving the SAME jeep with the SAME ****ing RPG launcher.

8. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 682   +47

FC2 was awesome, however, did FC3 look to much like a 360 game to anyone else?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.