FEAR does not play

By CommitCharge
Mar 5, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One of my pc's has 2.4Ghz pentium 4 processor, 512Mb RAM, 256Mb-128BIT Graphics Card and 30Gbyts of HDD space .. apparently it exceeds the minimum requirements of the game F.E.A.R. but when i open it up.. it's going in a VERY SLOW MOTION, graphics are delayed, as if my system doesn't meet the requirements! please help me how to deal with this.. THANKS MUCH!! ^_^
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

Are your settings set to the lowest settings in the option menu?
  3. omegafate

omegafate Newcomer, in training Posts: 117

yea the thing is about fear its a resource hog if u wanna run it at almost any level of graphics

id recommend upgrading the ram to 1 gb (2x 512 sticks work best),and go to a 512 MHz video card if able

cuz even the lowest level of graphic for the game use up a lot of ram and video card use

i tryed it with my old geforce 5500 fx with a aftermarket cooler and it still ran like ****, it was a bfg 256 mhz, 256 bit

other wise id recomend using your system cleanup and defrag just to see wat happens
  4. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903

Do you mean a 512 megabyte video card? Because my 256 megabyte 8500 can play FEAR at medium-low at 1920x1080 res.

CommitCharge: What exact graphics card do you have?
  5. omegafate

omegafate Newcomer, in training Posts: 117

i said it for him to stay on the safe side so he would have no problems running it and yes a 512 Mb card XD sorry i didnt clarify lol
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.