Fedora Core 5 linux & windows XP dual boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tru_Snoop

Hey guys;

I have installed Windows XP and Fedora Core 5 linux as dual boot. I use both of them and they both work fine. However, I have given Linux too much disk space, like 15GB, which I believe is way too much, besides I need some extra space for my windows xp. I have tried Partition magic but it can't work with "ext3" partitions. I tried to uninstall Fodora, but when I did, windows xp won't load because it was using the BootLoader by Fedora (which was removed). So I had to install fedora again on 15GB partition. I want to keep Fedora but with less disk space (or partition). How to deal with this problem?

Is there a way to resize "ext3" partition? or Is there a way to uninstall fedora and make my windows XP load up? How to deal with it?

thank you.
bye.

well you can make it boot Windows but you wont ba able to boot into Linux unless you have an OS Boot Floppy for your Distro :D

overwrite the MBR and boot into Windows, get your nearest copy of Windows ME / Windows ME Bootable Floppy Disk. you might be able to get one from www.bootdisk.com

Restart your PC with the Windows ME boot floppy in.

Then the Menu comes up with:

1. Help
2. Boot with CD-Rom Support
3. Boot without CD-Rom Support
4. Minimal Boot

we want to 'Minimal Boot', so select it and wait while it loads.

Let it load till you get:

A:\>

type "fdisk /mbr"
once it's done, remove the floppy and restart the machine.
i know you may be thinking wtf. but it works trust me...

and then use Partion Magic in Windows XP .

Jim,

j4m32 said:
well you can make it boot Windows but you wont ba able to boot into Linux unless you have an OS Boot Floppy for your Distro :D

overwrite the MBR and boot into Windows, get your nearest copy of Windows ME / Windows ME Bootable Floppy Disk. you might be able to get one from www.bootdisk.com

Restart your PC with the Windows ME boot floppy in.

Then the Menu comes up with:

1. Help
2. Boot with CD-Rom Support
3. Boot without CD-Rom Support
4. Minimal Boot

we want to 'Minimal Boot', so select it and wait while it loads.

Let it load till you get:

A:\>

type "fdisk /mbr"
once it's done, remove the floppy and restart the machine.
i know you may be thinking wtf. but it works trust me...

and then use Partion Magic in Windows XP .

Jim,

This exact same thing happened to me about a year ago.

I used the exact same remedy too, to get rid of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back