Fiendishly diseased system (con't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mucklucks

My previous thread has no way to continue it, hense new thread.

I have run all anti-malware _exactly_ as described in detailed & excellent post: "How to remove Begin2Search / CoolWebSearch and other Nasties"
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17297.html

(Except SmartKiller which will not run for me. See attachments.)

After running all in Safe Mode my machine ran great for 4-5 hours. But then all the troubles returned. (Ugh!)

Please see attached text file: "HijackThis Report.txt", and "Fixing Computer.txt" - a record of Blue Screens & Errors I've received.

Thank you, Mucklucks

Attachments

• Fixing Computer.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 6
Only problem for HJT:
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {578FC4E3-151E-456c-AF8E-B63061EFE228}} - (no file)

Click on Start/Run and type in: sfc /scannow and click OK
Don't go downloading 'missing' or corrupt files from the internet!
If still problems, do a Repair as described in the Stickie on top of the Windows forum.

And stop using that damned IE!

Fiendishly diseased system (con't) - (Con't)

(Mechanical things: Why can't I reply directly on the tail of my thread? There is no reply button nor text box to write in.) and (I might get to post this. 3 times Firefox has been closed down as I am writing.)

I did sfc /scannow. It hung twice but finished 3rd time.

Have stopped using damned IE. I had though to catch it if it were my trouble.

By the "stickie" at top Windows forum I take it you mean Rick's "How to: Repair Windows XP/2000..." I'm a bit unsure since I am unfamiliar with the term stickie.

Stickie = Read:
That's the one.

Your 'cookie' is either not set, invalid or deleted.
Sign in again at the www.techspot.com and mark the box 'remember me' if there.

If you don't see the button 'Post Reply' left under the last message, try the button on the right, with the 'Paper and Quill'

Cookies - Gotcha

The reply button is there, and replying is easy now.

Yes, of course, I shall do the repair if it's necessary. But first you should know that all _seems_ to be OK now - except for error-messages-and-close-downs of certain apps. Yesterday it was Firefox...repeatedly, so I reinstalled Firefox and it's been OK since. Also no BSOD yet. Does that tell us something?

For all your help, a deep bow and a deeper doff of the cap.

BSODs - Father Zeus or even mortals please help.

System been running OK for 24 hours, now BSOD while editing in Adobe Elements 2 (a stable program for me.)

BSOD: STOP: 0x0000008E

Ati2dvaa.dll.

Address BF9FCB8C base at BF9BB000

I haven't a clue what that means. Help from the enlightened wonderfully appreciated.

mucklucks

3rd try to post - BSODs interfere

I feel frivolous taking up your time. Please read last paragraph and let me know what you think.

This morning's errors:

CLOSE NOTICE
MICROSOFT WINDOWS
Error signature
LSA Shell (Export Version) encountered a problem and needed to close.
szAppName : lsass.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.1106 szModName : kernel32.dll
szModVer : 5.1.2600.1106 offset : 0001abf7

ERROR REPORT CONTENTS
The following files will be included in this error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2.tmp.dir02\lsass.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2.tmp.dir02\appcompat.txt

Then:

"Serious Error" notice came up over above Error Msg. when "ATI Desktop Help" had popped up asking me to "enable or disable" TV Display. (I've already disabled TV Display twice before, since installing new drivers from ATI.)

The msg:

SERIOUS ERROR MSG
The system has recovered from a serious error.

MICROSOFT WINDOWS
Error signature
BCCode: a BCP1 : 0054AFD0 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 804EBFE9 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

ERROR REPORT CONTENTS
The following files will be included in this error report:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini080905-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir02\sysdata.xml
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for today...plus a couple BSOD. At this point, after a week or two of malware killing, isn't it best for me to save everone's time and wipe/reformat? Or are the little devils crawling around my hardware waiting to jump on the system when it starts up shiney and new? Your thoughts invited.

Oh, sh...ucks! I was just thrown off forum by BSOD. It said:

STOP: 0x0000008E
Win32K.sys
Address: BF853983 at BF800000.

Again, shucks. -- Whoops! 3 more BSODs...ntfs.sys...0x0000000A...and another. 2 while runnin PestPatrol. Too much, I think.

I'm going a bit crazy. So it's reformat or a lobotomy.

Thank you Realblackstuff for your patient, careful help. I just can't take my computer's crazy activity any longer, so it's reformat time. But you taught me a whole lot, and I am more than grateful for your help.

To you the best if all best things,

mucklucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back