TechSpot

Firefox/IE does not work 50% of the time. Virus/Malware issue?

By Eiger
May 29, 2009
  1. Usually, when I am using one of my internet browsers, it just locks up on me and does not decide to load until I repair my connection (and that doesn't always work either). I fear that I may be infected with something. I would appreciate some help. My HijackThis log is below.

EDIT: Please go down a few posts. I have posted in the correct format with the attached logs.

2. Eiger

Eiger TS Rookie Topic Starter

EDIT: Please go down a few posts. I have posted in the correct format with the attached logs.

3. Eiger

4. touch

touch TS Rookie Posts: 978

5. Eiger

My apologies. It's been a year or so since I've been on these forums for help. I'm just rusty.

Logs are attached.

6. touch

No problem :)

Please download Combofix:
    http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe
    And save to the desktop.

Close all other browser windows.

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post.

7. Eiger

Here you go.

8. touch

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.