First time build is this looking ok?

LambofGod

This is my first gaming build and spent all day on this. Is it looking solid ? or are there bottlenecks ? somewhere I can do better within same price range ?. and Please reccomend me a graphics card.

What I got ready to buy:

Case -
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
PSU -
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power ...
HDD -SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Mother Board - Intel BOXDH77KC LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM - Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model ...

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 ...

Graphics Card - Recommend ?

Is there any reason why you are matching the K version CPU with H77 motherboard chipset?

From what I hear the H77 is not very overclock friendly which is what the CPU K version represents.

Edit:
I would consider the nVidia GTX 660 Ti or wait a few weeks for the GTX 660 to be released. If the GTX 660 is too high a price the GTX 650 should release about the same time as the GTX 660. I'm not strickly nVidia, it has been awhile since I looked at AMD's offerings.

It was a combo deal CPU + Motherboard. In all honesty im still trying to figure out what I will be purchasing as far as those components are concerend. I plan on buying all the hardware that doesn't apply to the effieciancy of the system after that arrives and I pay it on my credit card I would then go and purchase those things. Just trying to get ideas and somewhat of a budget.

What is your total budget including the GPU? And you could go with the i5 3570k (Ivy Bridge) CPU instead.

My grand total that I would like to make is 1,000 give or take,but certainly no more than 1,200. I want this mainly so that I could play ArmA II wich is a cpu intensive game as I understand.

I spent all day on this and actually getting over whelmed with it lol. I am not sure if what im choosing is compatible/reliable but as well im not sure that im getting the bang with my buck :-(

Go with the Ivy Bridge CPU that I posted above. Barely $10-$20 above the 2500K. Also, for the GPU, look at the GTX 660Ti. Seems very good value for the money. With $1200 at your disposal you'll be able to get all this together quite comfortably.

AMD are about to cut their prices, and considering the 7950 is such an amazing overclocker I'm not so sure the 660Ti is the best card at that price. Obviously overclocking ability is not guaranteed but I'm pretty sure a max OC 7950 easily beats the 660Ti.

Also 1866 RAM is a waste for Sandy/Ivy Bridge systems, just go with 1333 or 1600Mhz (they're usually almost the same price).

@ slh28 - Well it seems that the 660Ti is no slouch when OC'd. The Zotac AMP! edition (factory overclocked) definitely does a better job when compared to the 7950 (Boost).

@ slh28 - Well it seems that the 660Ti is no slouch when OC'd. The Zotac AMP! edition (factory overclocked) definitely does a better job when compared to the 7950 (Boost).
7950 boost only goes up to 925Mhz, a max OC of 1200Mhz is not uncommon on 7950's - that's 50% OC over the stock 800Mhz and the performance pretty much scales linearly. From what I've seen the 660Ti is able to OC quite a bit but the actual performance increase is not as impressive. Either card would be a great choice though and you should have no problems playing Arma 2.

Alright thanks every one. I threw the GTX 660ti,and the i5 3750 in my shopping cart.

I was happy to not see one negative review on that GPU !.

last few things...

Does my PSU ok ?. I shouldnt run into any problems with 650w ?.

Some one mentioned the memory (RAM) was a little bad in choice...Any recommendations ?

and what motherboard should I get to go with the i5 3750

All of you have been a big help and cant tell you how important this is THANK YOU!

A 650W PSU is going to be more than enough for your current setup. But if you're thinking of adding another card and going SLI in the future it might be wise to invest in a 750W one.

The RAM isn't bad, just overpriced since there will be no real world benefit over cheaper 1600Mhz RAM. Any Corsair or Gskill kit will be good, just make sure it's rated for 1.5V or lower and not 1.65V.

Back