Flash Drive Problem!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name is Larry R. And I am a manager of your star store. Unfortunetly my flash drive is not working it says

Do you want to format now.

Now I have always had no problem with my flash drive until now. I tried a recovery but the product I tried wants me to buy it. And I don't have that kind of money and this is a emergency because my power point presentation for today is on there plz someone help.

Sandisk Cruzer 1 gb
Microsoft xp

I take it that the drive works on 1 machine but not on another?
You need to tell us a bit more about the circumstances before we can help - such as
operating systems on the machines?
errors showing in device manager?
other USB devices working properly or not?
USB 2 or not?
drive format (FAT or NTFS)?
hope we can do this in time!

I have windows xp.
The drive does not work on any machine
Not sure how to edit device manager.
other usb devices are fine.

Drive format Fat I gues

Flash drives are terrible ideas for holding the only copy of a file. They fail all the time, sometimes you can get them to work again, but the data that was on is toast.

I'd boot up off a live linux cd just to see if that can read it, I've had a drive (and seen on here a few times) where XP couldn't deal with it anymore but Windows 98 or Linux could.

Your best bet is try what SNGX1275 suggested - either a Win98SE or Linux machine might give you access to the drive. I don't know of anything that will access the drive if your system does not even 'see' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back