TechSpot

Flat CRT vs Flat LCD

By XtR-X
Apr 27, 2004
  1. Ok guys, what are your opinions on Flat CRTs and Flat LCDs?

I used to use a normal CRT screen. It was OK. Now I've been using an LCD screen, it's alright, and I really enjoy the fact that it is flat.

I've head that Flat CRTs are better for gaming and graphix and stuff. But I've also read on a few good brand names that text was blurry, and that it flickers a bit. Some of these names were ViewSonic and Samsung! :eek:

I've been thinking to go to Flat CRT, mainly because I have the room on my desk. Probably a 19" screen, FYI.

So cons/pros of Flat CRTs and Flat LCDs? Let the war begin! :D

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Regardless of budget, if you use your screen mainly for gaming, a flat CRT is reacting much faster than an LCD. Also you have more flexibility with screen-resolutions on a CRT.
    Top-brands to look into:
    SONY. I use the 19" (18" vis.) Multiscan 420GS with flat Trinitron tube. The 520GS is the next size up.

EIZO/Nanao also make excellent 19" and 21" screens.

3. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,094

Samsung and Veiwsonic both have released LCD's with game speed response times you can check specs at their sites.Therefore with increased speed ,no flicker (eye stain) ,low radiation, I say LCD's have come of age. As long as $ is not a determining factor.

4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

No flicker and low radiation are definently the selling points of LCDs :D Just like my car doesn't eat much hay :p

5. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 863

Hey dude, can you give me some links to some of their LCD screen models?

Thanks.

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,687   +394

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.