Flat CRT vs Flat LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtR-X

Ok guys, what are your opinions on Flat CRTs and Flat LCDs?

I used to use a normal CRT screen. It was OK. Now I've been using an LCD screen, it's alright, and I really enjoy the fact that it is flat.

I've head that Flat CRTs are better for gaming and graphix and stuff. But I've also read on a few good brand names that text was blurry, and that it flickers a bit. Some of these names were ViewSonic and Samsung! :eek:

I've been thinking to go to Flat CRT, mainly because I have the room on my desk. Probably a 19" screen, FYI.

So cons/pros of Flat CRTs and Flat LCDs? Let the war begin! :D

Regardless of budget, if you use your screen mainly for gaming, a flat CRT is reacting much faster than an LCD. Also you have more flexibility with screen-resolutions on a CRT.
Top-brands to look into:
SONY. I use the 19" (18" vis.) Multiscan 420GS with flat Trinitron tube. The 520GS is the next size up.

EIZO/Nanao also make excellent 19" and 21" screens.

Samsung and Veiwsonic both have released LCD's with game speed response times you can check specs at their sites.Therefore with increased speed ,no flicker (eye stain) ,low radiation, I say LCD's have come of age. As long as $ is not a determining factor.

No flicker and low radiation are definently the selling points of LCDs :D Just like my car doesn't eat much hay :p

Originally posted by Liquidlen
Samsung and Veiwsonic both have released LCD's with game speed response times you can check specs at their sites.Therefore with increased speed ,no flicker (eye stain) ,low radiation, I say LCD's have come of age. As long as $ is not a determining factor.

Hey dude, can you give me some links to some of their LCD screen models?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back