Folder Won't Delete on External HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseM

I've got a 1TB external, and I'm currently running Win7. This external has been plugged in to many different computers over the years. Somehow it ended up with a locked folder named "708a74c9963bfa0825" with a whole bunch of stuff inside that I don't recognize (lots of .dll's). When I try to delete or edit the folder in any way I get "You need permission to delete this folder" blah blah blah. I'd just love to get rid of this folder. I've tried the "Unlocker" freeware, but it doesn't seem to work with Win7. Any ideas?

Thanks Broni. However, the program was unable to delete (or unlock) the folder. It said there were no processes responsible for it being locked. When I tried selecting an individual file within the locked folder, it told me I needed "permission" to open the file.

Thank you so much, that worked perfectly. Very nice little utility, I'll have to remember it. Take care.

You'd also be surprised how many things can suddenly be deleted by booting into safe mode. Thanks for the link Broni I'll be grabbing that myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back