TechSpot

Folding @ Home client now available for Nvidia GPU's

By skitzo_zac
Jun 21, 2008
  1. Well as the title states, the Nvidia client for Folding @ Home is finally available. To be able to fold on your Nvivia GPU you must have a CUDA capapble GPU (8 series, 9 series and the new GTX 260's or GTX 280's) I just downloaded it about 10 minutes ago and am Running it on my 8800GTS (640MB) it seems like it will be folding a lot faster than my Core 2 (E6300 @ 2.4GHz)

Anyone interested in it can download it from here

And anyone that needs a team to fold for can fold for my team (The Skitzo_Zac Corporation) :p Team Number: 114151

2. larryiam

larryiam TS Rookie Posts: 577

sure man ill support your team. :)

3. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 459

Cheers Larryiam. The more the merrier, The team will be in the no.1 spot one day, at the moment i think its in the 18 thousandth spot or so.

I see acording to your system specs here on TS that you aren't running an Nvidia GPU, so you just going for CPU folding then?

4. larryiam

larryiam TS Rookie Posts: 577

i might have an old out of date computer but im a trying. ;) Thanks almost got 1 WU done. Yea don't have enough money for a Nice GPU so i got my old faithful cpu i will be doing folding on. :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.