TechSpot

Folding @ Home client now available for Nvidia GPU's

By skitzo_zac
Jun 21, 2008
  1. Well as the title states, the Nvidia client for Folding @ Home is finally available. To be able to fold on your Nvivia GPU you must have a CUDA capapble GPU (8 series, 9 series and the new GTX 260's or GTX 280's) I just downloaded it about 10 minutes ago and am Running it on my 8800GTS (640MB) it seems like it will be folding a lot faster than my Core 2 (E6300 @ 2.4GHz)

Anyone interested in it can download it from here

And anyone that needs a team to fold for can fold for my team (The Skitzo_Zac Corporation) :p Team Number: 114151

2. larryiam

larryiam TS Rookie Posts: 476

sure man ill support your team. :)

3. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 418

Cheers Larryiam. The more the merrier, The team will be in the no.1 spot one day, at the moment i think its in the 18 thousandth spot or so.

I see acording to your system specs here on TS that you aren't running an Nvidia GPU, so you just going for CPU folding then?

4. larryiam

larryiam TS Rookie Posts: 476

i might have an old out of date computer but im a trying. ;) Thanks almost got 1 WU done. Yea don't have enough money for a Nice GPU so i got my old faithful cpu i will be doing folding on. :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.