For some reason, all my audio and video are play sped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built this computer I installed all the drivers and everything else is working fine. But for some reason every sound is played sped up. AIM sounds, the windows start up sound EVERY sound is sped up. Same goes for video. I have never encountered any problem like this before. Any help would be great.

I have a Chaintech VNF4 Ultra Zenith Value Edition
An ATI X800PRO
I am using the sound drivers that came with the motherboard cd (realtek 97)

Try updating your chipset drivers and the realtek97 drivers. Watch the download speed though, if they go too fast the PC might get shot back in time! Other then that you might need an old priest and a young priest.

I have already updated the chipset and realtek drivers. I have even tried an nforce sound driver. This is the most unusual problem I have ever seen.

Might be a dumb question but are you by chance running Speeder XP? or a program like it? Makes everything run faster messes with sound, video etc...

SupaMike said:
I just built this computer I installed all the drivers and everything else is working fine. But for some reason every sound is played sped up. AIM sounds, the windows start up sound EVERY sound is sped up. Same goes for video. I have never encountered any problem like this before. Any help would be great.

I have a Chaintech VNF4 Ultra Zenith Value Edition
An ATI X800PRO
I am using the sound drivers that came with the motherboard cd (realtek 97)

I would definitely try upgrading your audio drivers, but fast video may indicate another problem.

The only experience I have simliar to yours is I notice with some computers, using an audio frequency such as 22KHz or 11KHz would make the audio play very fast. 44.1KHz is the norm... And this frequency worked fine on these computers.

Defective mobo? Did you contact chaintech and ask if they know of this problem? Pretty weird problem, especially since you've updated chipset and audio drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back