TechSpot

Ford, Google working on cars that adapt to driving habits

By Jos
May 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. U.S. automaker Ford is partnering with Google to create an in-vehicle system that could receive data in real time and maximize the efficiency of hybrid or electric cars. The collaboration…

Read the whole story
  2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,064   +38

Doesnt the CEO of Google have an automated car? Or was that a rumor? probably a rumor...
  3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,836   +667

Speaking from an city with a large retired/aged population, I could see how this tech would be quite a boon for the rest of us. Any onboard system that will automatically compensate for driving half-in/half-out of the traffic lane, turn indicators left on/not used and an over reliance upon first and second gear can't come soon enough. How the system compensates for drivers randomly hitting the brakes/lane changing for "For Sale" and "Yard Sale" signs could signal a major evolution in A.I.
  4. Car: Good Morning are you going to street race?
    Driver: Yes
    Car: Your vehicle performance has been optimized for your trip. (Car secretly calls police)
  5. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Yay, now I can be tracked without my phone.
  6. Apparently, no one invented "common 'driving' sense" technology yet. I'd invest millions to that!
  7. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 679   +46

Google cars will be speeding and road raging everywhere!!!!!!!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.