Ford, Google working on cars that adapt to driving habits

By Jos
May 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. U.S. automaker Ford is partnering with Google to create an in-vehicle system that could receive data in real time and maximize the efficiency of hybrid or electric cars. The collaboration…

Read the whole story
  2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,269   +101

Doesnt the CEO of Google have an automated car? Or was that a rumor? probably a rumor...
  3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Speaking from an city with a large retired/aged population, I could see how this tech would be quite a boon for the rest of us. Any onboard system that will automatically compensate for driving half-in/half-out of the traffic lane, turn indicators left on/not used and an over reliance upon first and second gear can't come soon enough. How the system compensates for drivers randomly hitting the brakes/lane changing for "For Sale" and "Yard Sale" signs could signal a major evolution in A.I.
  4. Car: Good Morning are you going to street race?
    Driver: Yes
    Car: Your vehicle performance has been optimized for your trip. (Car secretly calls police)
  5. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 811   +93

Yay, now I can be tracked without my phone.
  6. Apparently, no one invented "common 'driving' sense" technology yet. I'd invest millions to that!
  7. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +58

Google cars will be speeding and road raging everywhere!!!!!!!