Formated new pc, installed XP, Need driver help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i jsu got a HP Pavilion Media Center a1350n Desktop PC,

it came with windows xp Media center..

i have windows xp pro, .. and dont want media center, ..

so i formated and installed xp pro, .. i downloaded all the updates, ..

i purchased an Ati radeonX 700 pro with the computer and have installed that and went to there web sight and downloaded the latest drivers for that, ..

the problem im having now , is i have 4 devices not working missing drivers.

Multimedia Audio Controller
SM Bus Controller
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
Unknown Device

i dont have sound among other things, .. havent tryed the burner/usb ect..

heres is a link to all i could find on my computer from HP

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...product=1818056&dlc=en&docname=c00496280#N362

i tryed searching for the mother board and a driver for it , my friend said i need a driver for that and it shoudl fix it because its all on bord, .. i cant find it, . waht am i doing wrong?

im totaly lost here, . can anyone help me?

You purchased another video card for the brand new pc and installed it? What was wrong with the one it came with? How long have you used the computer before you reinstalled windows pro? Was everything working fine with the media center OS? Did you completely wipe the drive and start from scratch? More details please!

If you just got the PC, did it come with a CD with motherboard drivers?

the compter came with on bord video that was really crappy, in order to play any game i had to upgrade it, the text wouldent even scroll on the screen . thats why i got a new video card, but that works, ..

the newer computers dont come with any cds, .. just pre loaded useless load of crap on them thats useless eats memory and takesup space

is there anywhare online do download the drivers?. i cant find anything based on those tech specs i posted above witch are directly from hp

Multimedia Audio Controller
< this says your sound drivers are not installed.

SM Bus Controller
< this shows that your motherboard drivers are not installed.

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
< this is a pretty good indicator that your copy of XP Pro isnt even at SP1 level since you need at least SP1 to have USB 2.0 support.

Unknown Device
< more than likely this a onboard lan for which the drivers are not installed.

you should be able to obtain the drivers for all the above at the HP site. go to their support section. and find the downloads for your particular model.

i got it to work , thankfully, before i formated and installed pro, i made a backup of the origonal software,

i grabed the discs put them in and whent through the hardware device manager and had it search the discs for the drivers, .. got all but one

the only that i didnt fix was the "unknown device". ill have to try and figure that one out,.. but its all good now ,, .. tahnk you guys :)

I did the exact same thing. I have the exact same computer and immediately purchased a new video card and then installed xp from scratch to get rid of all the crap they pre-install.

Anyway, that unknown device is your MS ArACPI Driver. From what I understand, it allows windows to do the power management instead of the bios. I doubt you'll miss it. Happy gaming!

Well... It looks like I am in the same boat with the a1350n as the rest of you folks. I really need the MB drivers. Can someone please help me?

Thanks Dragon... I checked it out, this is actually the problem. HP doesn't post the SM Bus Driver. I guess I won't buy another HP. It just doesn't make any sense. I really appreciate your efforts though.

I finally figured this one out. The manufacturer's drivers are posted at www.purkeyfamily.com ...

Hey the drivers for your integrated motherboard Radeon Xpress 200 chipset is located HERE. Don't install the video driver if you're not using the built in video device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back