TechSpot

Forum improvements

By Julio Franco
Apr 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. We've been working on forum enhancements, many of which went live last night and this morning. We mentioned in other threads fixes to the Opera bug (temporary fix), opening news stories in a new window from the forum, among others.

Here's a few more to the list:

* Sticky and normal threads are now subtly separated

* Registration blacklisting and other newcomer account tweaks to prevent abuse from spammers and otherwise undesired users.

* We've added a JS-based script that saves your post while you are writing. It does so on the client side using the browser cache. No guarantees, but in our tests it's working really well. For example, if you accidentally hit the back button or even close the browser, upon relaunching the written content on the quick reply form will remain intact.

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,593

Thanks guys for all your hard work.

I noticed the bullets works better too. :)

3. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Posts: 808   +51

I've noticed the titles systems malfunctioning.
    Other than that, everything's working fine so far. :)
    Thanks for keeping track of things. :)

4. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 742

I was out of the forum for a while and see that eveything has changed here... and looks better now

5. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Nice new layout, but when I come in..............oh found the button, its "what new"

6. FunkyMunkey

FunkyMunkey TS Rookie

I like the layout looks good, maybe a news, lifestyle lounge (health,finance,lifestyle), or cell phones since I love talking about them, hope you dont mind my suggestions (y)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.