Found this in my mailbox..

red1776

Are they out of their minds???

hahahahaha.JPG

all this can be yours for $10.00. This is a great idea...add to an already ****** broken game that was nothing resembling what they promised...key-rist, count me in:rolleyes:

Retaliation pack. With a name like that I'd envisage that the aliens get kicked to the curb and you have to fight the Ultimate Boss.....hordes of irate Crysis 2 buyers armed with modified SCAR's that turn the player and npc's into a DirectX 8.1 render if you happen to get hit.

Milk it Crytek! probably the last game of yours I'll have purchased and the same for many others....

Who here knows a thing or two about API?, namely adding a DX11 path after the fact to this mess. It takes an inordinate amount of graphics Horsepower to run this DX9 mess (not done particularly well for DX9 on top of it) I wouldn't know bad code from looking at it if it bit me in the ***, but is there any chance that a DX11 'add on' will fix this thing , and perform reasonably well?
or will it be bogged down by superfluous code loops by the DX11 being 'tacked on?

I think it depends on what render code has already been inserted into the game/game engine, and how big a re-write Crytek would consider -could be a huuuuuge patch if Crytek were to incorporate all the DX11 features from scratch.

This blog on building your own game engine gives some useful insight on what goes into the process. The page linked concerns multi-render API paths, but the whole project is well worth a reading.

Nice find and great read Chef. So the answer to my question apparently then is...absolutely no way to know the answer to my question. I guess it depends on what they had in mind way before the release of the DX9 version, and how much they are willing to redo Cryengine 3. I assume this will depend wholly on the sales of the DX9 version. I wonder if they got
caught with their shorts down. wasn't Cryengine 3 developed/released right about when ATI announced DX11?
Here comes a 4GB bug laden patch!

Crytek started blathering on about DX11 about the same time that Call of Pripyat was rumoured to be implementing tessellation features- so you're spot on with that timeframe (ha! another Siggraph entry- check the date)

Thing is the biggest problem with Crysis 2 is not the lack of DX10/11
The game looks worse than Crysis 1, and that was mainly a DX9 game.
It comes down to texture resolution, a DX11 patch wont fix that.
We need a high resolution texture pack.

But seeing Crytek's priorities with a DLC release like this I'm not exactly holding my breath...
Most other developers would release these multiplayer maps for free, I'm sure even Crytek before they where bought by the devil...

Thing is the biggest problem with Crysis 2 is not the lack of DX10/11
It comes down to texture resolution, a DX11 patch wont fix that.
We need a high resolution texture pack.

I get ya Per. Thing is they could have had all the textures of 'Zippy the mailman', been up front about what it was, and let the consumer decide. Problem I have is Cervat and company fed the gaming public heaping spoonfuls of BS for 2-1/2 years about this having the "best graphics of all time" came up with a low res bloom piece of **** and then took pre-orders.
I really don't know how you promise to have the greatest ever while going back two generations of DX, and not at least matching the HDAO, SSAO, DOF, Tessellation, etc of the games you are going to supposedly supersede. Like I said before, its not even DX9 done well.
Anyone else remember early trailers that seemed to have much denser textures then what was released?

oh I don't know.... I liked the 'god rays' DX10 brought:p :D

I still haven't got this game yet, and I'm actually seriously considering not even bothering... It actually seems a waste of money reading all of this and other issues with it.

Back