TechSpot

Four more suspected LulzSec and Anonymous members arrested

By Julio Franco
Sep 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Four more members of the now infamous "hacktivist" groups were arrested Friday in separate parts of the UK as part of a wider operation by UK and US Police enforcement…

Read the whole story

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,333   +102

For the lulz?

3. Funny how I never see news about real-world hacking and phishing criminals being investigated and arrested.. You know, the people responsible for botnets, the people that steal credit card numbers and that kind of thing.

Amazing.

4. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Booster Posts: 365   +40

People who lose their credit card numbers can't really do much about it except get a new credit card and cancel the old one. Its basically all social engineering in that field anyway. Someone actually has to type in their number on a computer for it to even be stolen. You don't have to type in a number to be DDOSed.

5. M1r

M1r TS Rookie Posts: 42

I have a dream...that one day aaallll the children, alll the colours...be anonymous.

Spur of the moment...

6. SammyJames

SammyJames TS Enthusiast Posts: 168

Amazing?! What is so "amazing" about people who don't want to get caught doing evil and not publiczing such evil?

Put the Matrix Trilogy away and rejoin reality.

7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

In retaliation Anonymous will DDoS the web site of the Angry Badger Pub in Doncaster.

8. guess these losers are not as anonymous as they think they are...have fun in butt rape prison

9. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

Your answer to crime is with more crime? You mean like fighting crime with crime? And why are you thinking about homosexual anal rape? And why do you appear to condoning it?

Let's hope you really aren't as much of sick freak as you're coming off as.

10. HA HA, it's funny because the anti social OCD, nerds get to go to jail, where being antisocial, OCD and nerds is going to make them LOTS of friends.. in the " bend over and squeal like a piggy" way..

looks good on them.

11. yRaz

yRaz TS Addict Posts: 958   +114

He's got a point. Everyone keeps saying these are just a bunch of script kiddies, so why waste so much tax payer money on them when there are real criminals out there? These kids are making some big headlines, could it be that Anon is winning and that the governments are afraid? Just a thought, not that I believe that one way or the other. It doesn't matter how much dirt Anon can dig up on these people, everyone is too busy watching Jersey Shore.

I haven't really picked a side yet, but I've been intrigued by Anon ever since I started reading about them sometime last year.

12. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 637   +124

Pay more attention then. Seems like every three months you'll see a posting on Techspot about "Spam King X" or "Botnet King Y" being arrested and sentenced.

13. yorro

yorro TS Enthusiast Posts: 246

Because the government wants to set an example. Where do you think these people get their news from?

Also, real hackers never get caught nor leave a trace.

14. Is that really what the FBI monkeys are busy doing? Really, while pedophiles on facebook are running rampant and rupert murdochs of the world are getting away with, well pretty much anything. It's obvious they're going after these kids for their political motivation.

15. Kids? 20+ years old are kids? These scum bags are leaking sensitive live-or-dead information on the web (informat, location, etc.). See how you feel if you have a family member who is serving the public, putting his/her life on the line, and get exposed by Anonymous' irresponsible act.

If you are also a WikiLeaks proponent and think there should be no secret, why don't you post you social security number or Identity card number, together with your address and bank account number on your reply to this one?

Unbelievable!

16. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Anon placed a target on themselves when they made things public, very public. There are far more worst criminals out there then these guys, so yeah i see these arrest as more political then anything, but deserving none the less. Anon really brought this upon themselves, now they have to deal with the consequences

Its hard to type after "fist pumping like a champ" all day :)

17. Absolutely correct, the governments are arresting Anoymous members in an attempt to supress the Truth. The real criminals have "carte blanche"

18. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

As soon as a member of Anonymous either declares his or her identity or is "exposed" they fail to be apart of Anonymous.

And the beast lives on…

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.