Four more suspected LulzSec and Anonymous members arrested

Julio Franco

Staff member

Four more members of the now infamous "hacktivist" groups were arrested Friday in separate parts of the UK as part of a wider operation by UK and US Police enforcement authorities including the FBI.

The four suspects are believed to have been arrested at their homes in Doncaster, Warminster, Northampton and London. They are currently being questioned by the Agents from the Metropolitan Police Central e-Crimes Unit.

The multi-authority task force has been steadily rounding up members of LulzSec and Anonymous in recent months including the recent arrest of Peter Gibson we covered last week.

Police have detained two of the four arrested who have been named as Christopher Weatherhead, 20 of Northampton and Ashley Rhodes, 26 from Kennington near London. Both are due to appear before the Magistrates Court in Westminster on September 7.

Police have commented the other two arrested are a 20 year old from Wiltshire and a 24 year old from Doncaster for conspiring to commit offences under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.

Meanwhile, a mass court appearance of 14 suspected Anonymous members appeared before a Judge in San Jose, California. All of which strongly denied any involvement in the attacks on PayPal in December 2010.

This is despite Anonymous publicly declaring war on PayPal after they froze donations being made to the whistle-blowing website Wikileaks. Amazon also found themselves caught in the crossfire after kicking Anonymous off of their web hosting service.

Permalink to story.

Funny how I never see news about real-world hacking and phishing criminals being investigated and arrested.. You know, the people responsible for botnets, the people that steal credit card numbers and that kind of thing.

Amazing.

People who lose their credit card numbers can't really do much about it except get a new credit card and cancel the old one. Its basically all social engineering in that field anyway. Someone actually has to type in their number on a computer for it to even be stolen. You don't have to type in a number to be DDOSed.

I have a dream...that one day aaallll the children, alll the colours...be anonymous.

Spur of the moment...

Guest said:
Funny how I never see news about real-world hacking and phishing criminals being investigated and arrested.. You know, the people responsible for botnets, the people that steal credit card numbers and that kind of thing.

Amazing.

Amazing?! What is so "amazing" about people who don't want to get caught doing evil and not publiczing such evil?

Put the Matrix Trilogy away and rejoin reality.

guess these losers are not as anonymous as they think they are...have fun in butt rape prison

Guest said:
guess these losers are not as anonymous as they think they are...have fun in butt rape prison
Your answer to crime is with more crime? You mean like fighting crime with crime? And why are you thinking about homosexual anal rape? And why do you appear to condoning it?

Let's hope you really aren't as much of sick freak as you're coming off as.

HA HA, it's funny because the anti social OCD, nerds get to go to jail, where being antisocial, OCD and nerds is going to make them LOTS of friends.. in the " bend over and squeal like a piggy" way..

looks good on them.

sammyjames said:
Guest said:

Amazing.

Amazing?! What is so "amazing" about people who don't want to get caught doing evil and not publiczing such evil?

He's got a point. Everyone keeps saying these are just a bunch of script kiddies, so why waste so much tax payer money on them when there are real criminals out there? These kids are making some big headlines, could it be that Anon is winning and that the governments are afraid? Just a thought, not that I believe that one way or the other. It doesn't matter how much dirt Anon can dig up on these people, everyone is too busy watching Jersey Shore.

I haven't really picked a side yet, but I've been intrigued by Anon ever since I started reading about them sometime last year.

Guest said:

Amazing.

Pay more attention then. Seems like every three months you'll see a posting on Techspot about "Spam King X" or "Botnet King Y" being arrested and sentenced.

yRaz said:
sammyjames said:
Guest said:

Amazing.

He's got a point. Everyone keeps saying these are just a bunch of script kiddies, so why waste so much tax payer money on them when there are real criminals out there? These kids are making some big headlines, could it be that Anon is winning and that the governments are afraid? Just a thought, not that I believe that one way or the other. It doesn't matter how much dirt Anon can dig up on these people, everyone is too busy watching Jersey Shore.

I haven't really picked a side yet, but I've been intrigued by Anon ever since I started reading about them sometime last year.

Because the government wants to set an example. Where do you think these people get their news from?

Also, real hackers never get caught nor leave a trace.

Is that really what the FBI monkeys are busy doing? Really, while pedophiles on facebook are running rampant and rupert murdochs of the world are getting away with, well pretty much anything. It's obvious they're going after these kids for their political motivation.

Kids? 20+ years old are kids? These scum bags are leaking sensitive live-or-dead information on the web (informat, location, etc.). See how you feel if you have a family member who is serving the public, putting his/her life on the line, and get exposed by Anonymous' irresponsible act.

If you are also a WikiLeaks proponent and think there should be no secret, why don't you post you social security number or Identity card number, together with your address and bank account number on your reply to this one?

Unbelievable!

yRaz said:
sammyjames said:
Guest said:

Amazing.

Anon placed a target on themselves when they made things public, very public. There are far more worst criminals out there then these guys, so yeah i see these arrest as more political then anything, but deserving none the less. Anon really brought this upon themselves, now they have to deal with the consequences

Its hard to type after "fist pumping like a champ" all day :)

Absolutely correct, the governments are arresting Anoymous members in an attempt to supress the Truth. The real criminals have "carte blanche"

As soon as a member of Anonymous either declares his or her identity or is "exposed" they fail to be apart of Anonymous.

And the beast lives on…

Back