Free Anti Virus downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been using avast pro for the last 5 years and i really like it, im sure the free version is as good as the pro version. i will not use any other anti-virus besides avast

PC Tools - Anti-Virus (Free) and ThreatFire (free) is the way to go in that department.

Most here have limits on features like AVG 8 email scanner shuts down in 30 days. Plus after testing it I find it takes way to long to scan the system. PC TOOLs AV is scans the system but doesn't take so many hours to do it. AVAST was okay I won't bother with it. Antivir one was good but now when you update the list you get nag screens. But that doesn't protect the system like PCTOOL AV does (free).

Unless you are paranoid, any of the 4 above said will do. Practice safe-surfing and you'll be fine. Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I use AVG personally, but no AV on this computer, as I don't really care about this computer. (That doesn't mean I shouldn't run AV on it, though, I am just lazy)

mopar man said:
I use AVG personally, but no AV on this computer, as I don't really care about this computer. (That doesn't mean I shouldn't run AV on it, though, I am just lazy)

LOL! mopar_man I needed the laugh! Love honesty like this.

Back to the OP. For my main rig I run NOD32 but on my second rig I run Avast free and it is a nice offering and from my own experience they update at least twice a day their virus definitions.

mopar man said:
Unless you are paranoid, any of the 4 above said will do. Practice safe-surfing and you'll be fine. Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Wake-up! AVG current version is just way to slow to to a full scan. I only have it on Vista Business SP1, not my favorite AV as it never seems to remove viruses even XP Pro SP2 it runs slow.. I watch it scan took for ever... I could have gone out and come back from shopping and it still wouldn't be done..

Paranoid no just like systems to be rid of these new threats. Paranoid would be to get Norton 360 or Norton Anti-bot just to learn it doesn't protect you. Using ThreatFire doesn't hose the system nor does it drive you insane with popups,it only alerts when a threat is trying to hop your system. Otherwise it's completely free and updates on it's own.

I also use PC Tools Firewall Plus with code injection active and their PCTAV updates on it's own also. All 3 are free no hosing the system either. Heck I got rid of Spyware Terminiator didn't even block or find those hidden Trojans on my server. All is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back