Free PDF creator?

mom26gr8kids

I need to create a business card that can be submitted via email and the easiest way for me to do this is to do it as a PDF. The problem is my laptop doesn't have a PDF creator. I have tried to download several online, but even though they say they're free you can only download them if you download the toolbar to go with it. I thought about downloading it anyway and then uninstalling the toolbar, but I really just do not like programs that foist adware on you. Does anyone know of a pdf creator that is actually a free download?

Kendra

The freeware LibreOffice suite, formerly known as OpenOffice (which still exists), has Writer which is similar in function to MS Word. Writer comes with the ability to generate a pdf file. So you can either compose the business card in Writer and convert it to a pdf file or you can open an already completed Word file into Writer and create a pdf file from that.

Exporting work as .pdf

I created some graphics for a 1/32 model car that had to be sent as a .pdf.
I used the free program 'Scribus', which is a DTP program, and has an 'Export to pdf' option.

Also I have seen this, but not tried it yet; http://magicpdf.com/magicpdf.html

A little late to the conversation, but I can recommend the open source graphics program Inkscape, if you need to do some graphics and text documents... Reminds me quite a bit of old school CorelDraw. It even imports PDF files for editing (although it sometimes has some odd formatting compared to the original).

And, I use PrimoPDF as a printer every day... Creates great PDF files from any of my programs.

Back