Free Server Website locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa Bear

Can anyone tell me the URL of a free server website where I can place an image so I can then put the image in a post using the "insert image" icon.

I was given this information quite awhile back and have searched for it but can't find it.

I think this support member helped you a lot on this issue in this entire => thread

By the way TechSpot Search feature is very handy ;)

Edit:

By the way, do not post Large pics in threads, please reduce them first in your picture editing program (even MS Paint, can do this)

Thanks heaps Kimsland. That's the thread I was trying to find. :)

I knew I'd asked about it before and did actually try to find it using the Techspot Search engine but just couldn't seem to pin it down.

Duly noted and won't post any large pics.

Cheers PB. :grinthumb

Hi Kimsland.

Followed the instructions of the thread and worked perfectly, thank you. :)

The pic I downloaded is posted in a reply to Bobcats' post: Are you using the left or right side of your brain? which is in today's posts. Would have put a direct link to this post but don't know how to do that.

Hope the pics not too big. Reduced it to one third original size, but if I made it any smaller the optical effect didn't work.

The JPG picture you pasted in the other thread is actually a GIF picture! To reduce the size of animated GIF pictures is a lot more difficult, and certainly beyond any standard picture editing program.

I also refer you back to: How to post a New Thread
...especially when the Guidelines state do not use excessive (or any) color or bold in your post.
And have duly removed the entire posts color in your post as well

Also, your above post replies to yourself, have a guideline as well:
Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread
6. Do not post twice in a row, there is an Edit button at the bottom right of your posts, click that if you need to add information, a new reply isn’t necessary and clutters the page.

Lastly:
Would have put a direct link to this post but don't know how to do that.
CCT finished off your old thread with a post on how to do this
But it's very similar to bolding or placing color in your text, except you press this button =>
createlink.gif
after highlighting your specific, to be linked, text

I hope this helps you, I feel that if you were able to learn all this info, your posting at TechSpot would be improved immensely

:)

Thanks for all of that Kimsland. Will make a concerted effort to abide by the posting guidelines. And will do a bit of revisionary reading to this end.

One small question about your reference to post guidelines:

...especially when the Guidelines state do not use excessive (or any) color or bold in your post.

With all due respect this is a contradiction of terms. Why does it need to say don't use excessive when it says don't use any? Obviously if you don't use any you can't use excessive. But more to the point, why bother to have the options for bold and color in the first place if you're not allowed to use them? Is this like a trick statement as a test of obedience to see who keeps the rules?

Re-read the old post and can now do a link using a word. For example: To Bobcat Post

I realise this is not the correct forum to say this, but I don't want to perpetrate the old thread. When I did my post on nag screens, the subject of altruism was discussed.

I consider the work you and your colleagues do at Techspot to be of the highest order of atruistic service. I have the utmost respect for Techspot staff, and believe you deserve the highest kudos and gratitude for your selfless work freely given in helping the general population who use computers.

Cheers PB. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back