TechSpot

Freezes, BSOD and sudden restarts

By flingoko
Feb 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello

The last 2 days I have had a lot of troubles with my pc as the headline indicates.. Im no genius at pc´s so I could use some help :) I tried switching the RAMs around and when using only the OCZgold RAMs it worked at first, but then after 6-7 hours it "bsod". It seemed to start after the latest windows update, but when I tried to make a system recovery to before the update it didnt work.

I have 3 minidump files, but I think 2 of them are identical since they have the same name. I have no idea how to read these.. sorry.

Can you help?

Edit: I might add that it usually occurs when playing games, Skyrim, a racing game called Iracing, but it has happened when just on the desktop.

PC specs:
    HDD: - OCZ-VERTEX4 128gb SSD (windows on this)
    - Western Digital 500gb secondary drive.
    - Western Digital 500gb secondary drive.
    GPU: Asus Geforce GTX660 ti 2gb
    CPU: AMD phenom II X4 965 6 mb
    PSU: 550W CORSAIR VX SERIES ATX2.2
    RAM: - 2x2gb OCZ gold DDR3
    - 2x4gb Kingston DDR3 1600MHz HyperX
    Main:MB Asrock 890GX Extreme3AMD 890GX

Minidumps:
    http://www.speedyshare.com/u88zZ/Minidump.rar

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,227   +232

3. flingoko

flingoko TS Rookie Topic Starter

4. flingoko

5. Tmagic650

6. flingoko

I already tested the RAM. I have 4 blocks of RAM which I have tested individually, same problem. I deleted my gfx driver and took out the GFX, same problem. Now I have just reinstalled everything, same problem. So for me it looks like: Mainboard, cpu or ssd? This really annoys me lol.. :) Thanks for your help!

Edit, forgot to add. I can make it happen on command when watching vidoes of some sort. Youtube or just movies from VLC mediaplayer.

7. flingoko

Just spoke to a guy who knows alot about this, might be the PSU not delivering enough power. Will check with another PSU.

8. Tmagic650

The power supply you have installed is pretty good, but a 650 watt or better supply might be good