Frequent Cannot Find Website Message

By cnknelson
Mar 26, 2006
  1. I get the "Cannot Find Website" message with several websites. It happens a lot with My Yahoo and Yahoo, but not always. I have gone through the troubleshoot suggestions for IE but no luck. I use Firefox and get it with it as well as IE. Any suggestions?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What ISP do you use?

If it happens to be NTL, they have been having a few problems of late. I have had exactly the same problems for a few days, intermittently.

If you don`t use NTL. I suggest you contact your isp and see if they`ve been having any problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. cnknelson

cnknelson TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have Sprint/Earthlink as my ISP. I have not had time to update my profile. Sorry. I have search with Google and other search engines and did not find an answer that worked or pertained to my situation. I have not had good luck working the the isp on other issues. We have another computer that does not have this problem, so I can be pretty sure to say it is something set on this computer.
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Have you checked your computer for viruses/malware etc?

Read the How to stickies at the top of the security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :)
  5. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

check your host file (C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\) open with notepad and check if any site names have loopback address (
    btw, this is a useful method to block "certain sites."
  6. paranoid guy

paranoid guy TS Rookie Posts: 420

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.