Front panel audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a mercury cabinet which has ports in the front for connecting speakers and headphones,ive been trying to get it to work but havent been able to do so.my motherboard is an intel946GZIS.
the wires in the cabinet for connecting to the motherboard are R-out,R-out
L-out,L-RET,MIc-IN,GND,MIC.
the motherboard has 2 places for connecting audio.one is an hd audio link with the following pins sdi,sdo,sync,rst,bclk,ground,i/o,ground,vcore,+12v,stby,ground

the other audio chip has the following pins port1l,port1r,port2r,sense_send,port2l,ground,pres ence#,sense1_ret,sense2_ret.

so please could anyone who has some knowledge about this help me out and tell me which pins i have to connect to get my microphone and headphone working from the front panel

Hi, welcome to techspot.

Co-incidentally, i have EXACT piece of motherboard with you (946GZIS) and i've just solve the problem. You can connect the cable from the small board containing front audio jacks (panel). While doing so, there's 2 jumpers (cable connecting 2 pin) connected. In order to use the front panel, you should either cut one of them or both of them. If you want your rear output to be switched off straight while inserting any source in front, cut only one of the jumper. I'll give you brief description after visiting intel website.

edited:

found it here:
ftp://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/is/D5602502US.pdf
Page 52, the place you should insert the connector is "A". About the jumper removal instruction, go here instead :
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/hz/hz_confg.htm
it's similar.

Well, the bad thing is that my 946GZ is oversea, i mean im now oversea and i couldnt take photo of it. Ok here is what i remember.

Assuming that you know what is PCI slot (2 slots, white coloured), the jumper block or the connector jack is located UNDER one of them. Exactly like what is in the second link (up-post).

If you already spot that location, it's easy then.
Jumper in your panel is a wire connecting 2pin (there's 2 wire).
Beware, before cutting both jumpers, please read my first link (up-post).

Otherwise, it'll be like mine, if you insert any audio source in the front panel, the speakers in the rear panel doesn't mute themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back