Front USB port plug wire burned

Krrish007

Good day everyone.
I just opened case of cpu and re-pluged front usb port plug into motherboard. And then switched on pc, as I on my pc I seen that front usb port plug's red colour wire was fired. I imediately switched off the pc. I cant understand how this happened? Please tel me the reason if anybody knows.

Hey Krrish007. Can I ask why you opened the case. Was the USB front port working before?. I also assume the red wire wasn't discolored at that point, put you saw it after you powered up.
Are you 100% sure you plugged it into the correct pins on the mobo?.
If you disconnected the plug and power up, does the system work otherwise?

Dear hawk,
I saw that plug was not properly fit in its place, so I unpluged from mother board and then pluged tightly on mother board. But I came to know the problem now. Actualy while I was pluging into mother board, the mother board have more pins than the plug require, so when we plug it, left side 2 pins remain free only. I not concentrated on this, so when I pluged those left side 2 pins were in plug and right side 2 pins remained empty. As a result wrong pins entered into plug and that red colour wire burned. Due to which I had to repair smps. Atlast thank god, Now it is working properly.

Good for you. There has never been anyone who did work on pc's for any fair amount of time that didn't screw something up, I know for sure I have, and it cost me a motherboard.

You got to be careful with shorts. A small fire or short can damage a lot of stuff. Cheap PSUs also can create a lot of headaches. People spend a lot of $ on expensive systems only to buy an el cheapo psu..... I'll never understand.

Back