FTP Server directory listing problem

By SNGX1275
Jul 8, 2005
  1. I am having a problem where people can connect to my server, but are unable to retrieve a directory listing. I'm using G6 for my server, here's what happens:
    Anyone know what could be wrong? Or a good free ftp server that I can try.
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Are all of your software fiewalls turned off? Have you tried running that computer straight through the modem, to see if it is a router issue?

:wave::wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave::wave: :p
  3. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

SNGX, check your PM
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Topic Starter Posts: 10,689   +395

Update: A buddy of mine has Windows XP and also has been trying to get an FTP server up. He's having the exact same problem with me, he's tried 3 different servers, people can get in in all of them, but also cannot retreive a directory listing.
    We do not have the same ISP, so its probably nothing to do with that.

Edit: I got my friends working, he was doing a couple things wrong (confusing local and outside IP, and some permissions as well).
    I also was able to get mine up, but like when I was using this server before, it seems to be client picky on what it will give a dir listing too. It won't work with IE. It will work with cute ftp, and it will work with WS_FTP apparently.

I set this up for 1 friend of mine to get some files, and he's able to get a directory listing now with WS_FTP so thats all that really matters.

Serv-u was also tried in this ongoing mess, and I am unable to get it to start up the domain, I click the button, and it does nothing.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.