TechSpot

Futuremark releases basic and advanced 3DMark 11

By Emil
Dec 7, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Futuremark has released the latest version of what is arguably the most popular 3D and system benchmarking suite on the market. 3DMark 11 is designed to measure the performance of DirectX 11 hardware running on Windows 7 and Windows Vista; it uses a native DirectX 11 engine created in-house by the company. The benchmark includes six new benchmark tests that make extensive use of all the new features in DirectX 11 including tessellation, compute shaders, and multi-threading.

Read the whole story

2. TeamworkGuy2

TeamworkGuy2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 191

I would like to have a key.
    I am building a computer right now with a DX 11 capable video card

3. SilverCider

SilverCider TS Rookie Posts: 71

Ooh, I would like a key too! I've just run the basic version and all I can say is it's damn impressive!!

4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,511   +503

Oh crap I'm late... but anyhow I would like a key too haha.

5. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 595   +52

Ah, just missed it! I was reading the GTX 570 review! If either of the above people refuse the key, I'll take it! :)

6. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TS Booster Posts: 157   +15

Does this work on DX10 GPUs?

7. bmaytum

bmaytum TS Member Posts: 44

Wish I'd been here earlier to get a free Advanced Edition key .....
    I too would like to know if 3D Mark 11 can benchmark my DX10 8800GT vidcard! If so, I want oo test that card before I drop in my Asus ENGTX580 coming today from NewEgg.com. I'm running Win7 Pro x64 with a 27" 1080x1920 ViewSonic 60Hz LCD monitor.

8. SilverCider

I believe it is DX11 only after reading some stuff from their site.

9. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

Does the basic edition support 1900 x 1080 or only 1900 x 1200 like Vantage?

10. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

I shoulda looked for the answer myself, shame on me. Apparently the basic edition only runs 1280 x 720, but at least it's 16:9 so I can run it. My GTX 470 is feeling old already sheesh! lol

11. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,333   +267

Does the new version of 3DMark11 address how newer hi end cards can automatically throttle power usage? If it doesn't, then the results will still be inaccurate. =(

12. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

Argh! Out to lunch and missed it!

13. Issun

Issun TS Rookie Posts: 17

Bah, i hate being late for competitions like this...

14. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,333   +267

competition? I'd call it a spur of the moment opportunity... lol

15. saint5445

saint5445 TS Rookie

I cant be late for 3DMark 11....cmon now

16. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

"Apparently the basic edition only runs 1280 x 720..."

Makes it completely worthless for me. I'll have to be a little more aggressive in checking out the articles in case other freebies pop up. :D

17. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 513   +8

It's beautiful D'x
    I want the new Elder Scrolls to look like this.

18. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

Keys sent to the two first posters, those only took 7 minutes to go, not bad :)

19. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

This thing needs some patching, widespread reports of it stopping at the first physics test, and apparently it doesn't like quad crossfire yet, at least not 4 x HD 5850's.

20. SilverCider

You could call us eager, but I would say we were damn lucky! I've seen how quickly some things go here! hehe.

I've been wanting to get a second GTX460 for a while, but couldn't warrant any reasons to do so. This may be a good excuse. Although I think I'll wait for Crysis 2 to come around...