Intel DGR41Q LGA775 Motherboard
    Intel Dual Core 3.0 Ghz
    RAM:3 GB DDR2
    Storage: 500 GB SATA
    Graphic card: 9500 GT 512 MB
    Operating System: Window 7 32 bit
    Monitor: 17" Standard Resoultion1024x768
    PSU: 220V

i have upgraded from Dell GX280 because of annoying noise and overheating issue, but on this system i cant play games like bullet storm on 1600 x 900 resolution because of lagging. i dont know what to do now, neither i have any more budget to spend more nor i can sell the PC back.

sorry for grammar mistakes,

2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,435   +145

You're not very specific about "lagging" but I would think that graphics card is too weak for bullet storm on 1600x900.

3. daudkhan

daudkhan TS Rookie Topic Starter

but i can play this game on xp on same resolution level in very smooth way, whether its window 7 issue? i am not sure about that but i love window 7 but due to lagging i dont know what to do. i think lagging occurs due to processor or Ram but i have sufficient amount of those as i mentioned in my first post. soon i am upgrading my graphic card to ati 5670 1gb, what you suggest.

4. g4mer

g4mer TS Maniac Posts: 310

If you can play it on Xp than its Windows 7 fault. W7 is a resource hog and its far more demanding than XP. Games run crap on my W7 also. So yes, you'll need a new GPU but depends on how much you can spend.

5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

Part of the problem might also be with scaling - your monitor doesn't support the resolution you're trying to play the game at.

6. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,435   +145

Yes...easy solution is to change your resolution to 1024x768 and turn down your settings.

7. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 300   +6

LNCPapa is correct.I dont think a 17" monitor can support that resolution,my 19" monitor can support max. 1440*900.And also your graphics card is weak(for playing at that resolution).
    So you have two options-

-Either tone down the resolution,or
    -Buy a new graphics card(at least 1GB) and monitor if you want to game at that resolution.