GeForce 195.55 WHQL-candidate drivers bring Flash 10.1 support

By Matthew
Nov 18, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nvidia has released its first drivers to support the GPU acceleration brought by Adobe's Flash Player 10.1. Adobe introduced a public beta version of Flash 10.1 just yesterday, which delivers hardware-based H.264 video acceleration to Windows PCs. The new functionality should make it easier to view HD videos on sites like YouTube (which recently announced support for 1080p), Vimeo and Hulu.

Read the whole story
  2. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,035   +91

Are AMD and NVIDIA in sync or what? Cards released at the same time. Now drivers. What's left?
  3. That's what we call competition ;)
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,327   +376

About dang time they started using the GPU for these types of applications.
  5. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 574   +31

Yes it is about time. Still waiting on the official word that flash 10.1 will be released.
  6. Lets just hope the 195 drivers aren't as buggy as the 191 drivers
  7. Tehoste

Tehoste TechSpot Member Posts: 59

Right now as I'm attempting to update to this version Windows Security pops up telling me it cannot verify the publisher of this driver software... I know its fine so I'm saying Install anyways. Any one else on Windows 7 64-bit getting this message?
  8. BlindObject

BlindObject Newcomer, in training Posts: 446

I got it too, but I went on with it anyway. Gonna install and re-do my overclocks and see how much better it is, and gaming performance. Especially L4d2. =)))))
  9. BlindObject

BlindObject Newcomer, in training Posts: 446

Agh, screw it. It's super unstable and left 4 dead got horrible artifacts. Imma stick with 191.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.