GeForce 260.89 beta brings speed boost, support for GT 430

Erik

Staff member

The latest beta drivers from Nvidia, version 260.89, offer a handful of improvements that make them worth downloading, especially if you have a GeForce GTX 480 or 460. There is a decent list of games with speed improvements, SLI enhancements, and updates. As has become typical with the launch of every new card, in this case the GeForce GT 430, the company updates their drivers to add support and these betas are not the exception.

Noteworthy changes listed in the release notes include: OpenGL 4.1 support for GeForce 400 GPUs, SLI profile enhancements for Alien Swarm, Dead Rising 2 and LEGO: Harry Potter, PhysX Software has been updated as well as the HD audio driver. If you are ready to take these beta drivers for a ride, choose your operating system below.

Download: Windows XP 32-bit | Windows XP 64-bit | Windows Vista/7 32-bit | Windows Vista/7 64-bit

Permalink to story.

From what I understand they SLI enhances are for all cards, and the GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1 too. This along with the HD audio improvements are pretty good reasons to give them a try. Has anyone installed them?

Well, looking at it I have to say than geforce releases owns the catalyst realeses, and than the gtx460 sli looks better and better and better :)

Check out [H]'s SLI and Crossfire review. The 460's in SLI come so close to the 480 numbers, you would not be able to tell in game. I have 3 470's in SLI and am upset, I could have saved 400 dollars and had the same performance!

From what I understand they SLI enhances are for all cards, and the GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1 too. This along with the HD audio improvements are pretty good reasons to give them a try. Has anyone installed them?

I decided to test it out with my newly purchased 480. I'm doing all my benching/testing before i put the water block(s) on, one of which is still in the mail with the second 480. I know adobe just gave me an update some days ago so I suppose I'll have to revert drivers to see if the beta helped at all.

Back