GeForce 6600GT and LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseywales09

Hey people,
I called circuit city to see if my graphics card was in. And it was. :bounce: But it is not GeForce 6600GT its GeForce 6600LE what is the difference? thanks for the comments

The 6600LE is a bastardized version of the 6600GT. It has half the pipes and is much slower than the 6600GT. Not really worth the price at all if you are wanting to play any of today's newer games.

Price is the first difference I'm seeing on newegg,
the gt is around $75 to $100 more.
What brand and type (agp/pci-E) did you order and how much video ram?

A 6600le is even slower than a 6200(the non-turbocache, 128bit memory ones).
A 6600le is a 4 pipe card at 300core 400mem, while a 6200 has 4 pipes also, but is 300core 500memory. Both cards can be found with higher than normal clock speeds though.

In other words, if you can afford a 6600gt, then get it, they're only like $125-135(usd) online anymore if you look around.
For example, this one has a $20 rebate on it, which is a pretty good deal.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130220

Well I'm not ordering it off the internet. I have to go to my Circuit City. Do you think there may be an ATI there thats equivelent to the 6600GT because I think thats all that is available(6600LE)

Just forget this thread guys. I found out that I have a 300W PSU anyways. And their is a store in my town that sells ATI cards. Do you know of any good ones that 300W would support?

joseywales09 said:
Just forget this thread guys. I found out that I have a 300W PSU anyways. And their is a store in my town that sells ATI cards. Do you know of any good ones that 300W would support?

Unfortunately it is not that easy. PSUs are tricky. You see, there is no real regulations set out for advertising how many watts a PSU is. There are some 300W psus out there that are MUCH MUCH MUCH better than some 400W psus for example.

It all depends on who made your 300w. Another good indicator is, how many watts does it put out on it's 12v rail? You can get this information by opening up your case, and looking at the sticker attached to the PSU itself.

Another factor is, how much other hardware do you have hooked up? Go here to calculate how many watts you actually NEED:

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

As for what ATI card to get, take a look at these graphs to give you an idea of how well the various cards perform against each other:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/05/vga_charts_vii/index.html

Hey people,
Went to the store and turns out they're a bunch of crooks. lol They had the card in a f'ing file cabinet with no case or any foil wrapping. He was like this is the..uh Radeon 9550. I said thanks anyways but im looking for a little more powerful one. He was like well whatever they'll cost you about 200 to 300 bucks. LOL It was sad how big of crooks they're all in such small towns. But hey I think im gonna get my GeForce 6600 off of newegg.com but do they require a credit card?

Was this at circuit city? If so you may want to write a letter to corp. headQtrs.
Depends, I think you can do electric check just like a creditcard through paypal.
we'll need to research it a bit. I think it uses a check just like a debit card.

joseywales09 said:
Hey people,
Went to the store and turns out they're a bunch of crooks. lol They had the card in a f'ing file cabinet with no case or any foil wrapping. He was like this is the..uh Radeon 9550. I said thanks anyways but im looking for a little more powerful one. He was like well whatever they'll cost you about 200 to 300 bucks. LOL It was sad how big of crooks they're all in such small towns. But hey I think im gonna get my GeForce 6600 off of newegg.com but do they require a credit card?

In the past I've bought from newegg with personal checks(not sure if they do this any more, but I'd assume they still do), and with debit, as well as credit. All types have worked well for me, the only problem with the personal check is the order takes a lot longer to get, since they wait to get your check and make sure you have the funds before sending out your order.

More info.
http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/FAQDetail.asp?Module=2&Menu=detail167#xdetail167

I think only the 9800 Pro would almost evenly match against the 6600GT . also theres the X700 Pro and the X800.

Id still get the 6600GT. watch for it on newegg. I saw one that was on sale for 100$ + shipping. very cost effective video card.

I wouldnt buy from big box stores like circuit city anyway. They're video cards are way overpriced and they dont have that many selections (brands and models)

DonNagual said:
Another good indicator is, how many watts does it put out on it's 12v rail? You can get this information by opening up your case, and looking at the sticker attached to the PSU itself.
I have this fortron 450Watt: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954

and im not sure if this is putting out 18A or 24A on the 12v rail =S

eVGA - smaller company = more focused on individual customers. and they do mainly video cards so they concentrate on this field a lot = better customer service =]

truflip said:
eVGA - smaller company = more focused on individual customers. and they do mainly video cards so they concentrate on this field a lot = better customer service =]
I agree with truflip.......eVGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back