By david5182
Apr 13, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Here is a thread with info about previews and a bit extra about the 6800Ultra...
  3. Raiders

Raiders Newcomer, in training Posts: 118

Does anyone know what this Beast is gonna cost?
    I looked at all the Hyper-links and found no price tag.

i cant wait till the 5950Ultra starts dropping into my range.
  4. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

I wouldn't expect a price less than $400 USD most likely it'll be about $500 USD
  5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Xbitlabs have a huge article over it -> NV40 @ Xbitlabs

They even try it out with a beta version of HL2 at page 29.
  6. SubKamran

SubKamran Newcomer, in training Posts: 303

It's not a beta, call it what it is, a stolen copy. :) :D

Let's wait until the Radeon X800 comes out so we can see who's the best :D
  7. Steg

Steg Newcomer, in training Posts: 422

Please people! Its not HL2! Its a 'Highly Anticipated DirectX 9' game.....we wouldn't want dear Xbit to get in trouble with the FBI now would we? Of course not :D

Anyway - look at that performance! Weehee!
    Look at the SF Demo - the 6800 is hitting the CPU wall in all 3 resolutions! Man that thing is powerful!

/wants a 6800....and a new PSU

Steg
  8. SubKamran

SubKamran Newcomer, in training Posts: 303

Lol, I am also not sure if it's the HL2 either. I doubt it.

Second, of course it's killing and slaughtering the Radeons, we're talking about a next-gen card here against a previous gen. Like a person on hl2.net said, "That's like pitting a bull dog against a poodle."

We'll see if nVidia surprises all and beats ATI when ATI releases it's new Radeon X800.
  9. Steg

10. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

Here's a Radeon X800 XT preview at Rage 3D.de. I can't read German, but I can read the graphs, and see the prices.

If this is true, looks like ATi is going to kick nVidia again. Of course these cards haven't been released yet, so a lot can change. But 14,420 3DMarks might be hard to beat if that's for real.

Then again, after looking at the X-Bit Labs tests in Steg's post, things don't quite match up do they. And Rage 3D is a ATi fan forum. I guess time will tell.
  11. Godataloss

Godataloss Newcomer, in training Posts: 501

the real question is what the 9800 will cost when the new ati car comes out!?!!
  12. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Thanks olefarte, and interesting read!
    (And boy, has my german gotten worse since I last had to use it!)

Will be interesting to see how close to the mark it is.

13. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

I'm sure you'll need this card to play Doom III properly.

(And I am only half kidding....)
  14. Steg

Godataloss - according to a market analysis i read (xbitlabs i think) the 9800 won't drop in price that much more, even with the intro of RV420 - it has been dropping like a stone for the last few months - honestly, do you really need it any cheaper? :D.

Steg

EDIT - Sorry, it was not xbitlabs at all - it was anandtech (-> http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.html?i=2034&p=4)
    EDIT 2 - The dollar is almost 2 to the pound atm and a 9800 Pro now costs under $220 from many retailers - thats under £120! - less than i payed for my 5700 Ultra less than 5 months ago! That is CHEAP!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.