GeForce 6800 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what this Beast is gonna cost?
I looked at all the Hyper-links and found no price tag.

i cant wait till the 5950Ultra starts dropping into my range.

It's not a beta, call it what it is, a stolen copy. :) :D

Let's wait until the Radeon X800 comes out so we can see who's the best :D

t's not a beta, call it what it is, a stolen copy.
Please people! Its not HL2! Its a 'Highly Anticipated DirectX 9' game.....we wouldn't want dear Xbit to get in trouble with the FBI now would we? Of course not :D

Anyway - look at that performance! Weehee!
Look at the SF Demo - the 6800 is hitting the CPU wall in all 3 resolutions! Man that thing is powerful!

/wants a 6800....and a new PSU

Steg

Lol, I am also not sure if it's the HL2 either. I doubt it.

Second, of course it's killing and slaughtering the Radeons, we're talking about a next-gen card here against a previous gen. Like a person on hl2.net said, "That's like pitting a bull dog against a poodle."

We'll see if nVidia surprises all and beats ATI when ATI releases it's new Radeon X800.

Here's a Radeon X800 XT preview at Rage 3D.de. I can't read German, but I can read the graphs, and see the prices.

If this is true, looks like ATi is going to kick nVidia again. Of course these cards haven't been released yet, so a lot can change. But 14,420 3DMarks might be hard to beat if that's for real.

Then again, after looking at the X-Bit Labs tests in Steg's post, things don't quite match up do they. And Rage 3D is a ATi fan forum. I guess time will tell.

Thanks olefarte, and interesting read!
(And boy, has my german gotten worse since I last had to use it!)

Will be interesting to see how close to the mark it is.

Godataloss - according to a market analysis i read (xbitlabs i think) the 9800 won't drop in price that much more, even with the intro of RV420 - it has been dropping like a stone for the last few months - honestly, do you really need it any cheaper? :D.

Steg

EDIT - Sorry, it was not xbitlabs at all - it was anandtech (-> http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.html?i=2034&p=4)
ATI's 9800 Pro has been rapidly declining in price for the last several months, but only recently has its price stabilized around the $200 mark. Even with the introduction of ATI's next generation GPU (details of which you'll have later this month), we don't see the 9800 Pro dropping more than a few more dollars in retail from where it stands now for the foreseeable future.

EDIT 2 - The dollar is almost 2 to the pound atm and a 9800 Pro now costs under $220 from many retailers - thats under £120! - less than i payed for my 5700 Ultra less than 5 months ago! That is CHEAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back