Digit-Life posts NV40 info

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGaribaldi

Hello :)

Digit-Life posted their NV40 preview here, but they've taken it down allready.

But since "Me" over @ B3D managed to take a grab of the page, all is not lost.

I've uploaded the info (w/pics) here

If anyone could mirror it, it'd be nice, as I have no idea about what bandwidth capabilities that server has (or what limitations my account is under)...

Enjoy :)

I hope they do not take up 2 slots- screws us shuttle afficianadoes. Power requirement could be a bummer too.

I think Godataloss is not going to be getting a nv40 into a shuttle :p
Firstly the reference design is a two-slot designs and secondly the sys requirements for an nv40 are a 480w PSU minium which would drain the 200w shuttle psu on its own - never mind the rest of the machine.

Cant wait to see the benchmark score though - there is a rumour of 8x the shading power....nice

Steg

Godataloss> From what I've heard so far, getting the NV40 into a shuttle is impossible. Not only does it require you to get a new PSU, or give up one* PCI-slots, but it's too long to fit in the case. There is also the problem with heat disspation, as it appears this new fan does not vent the air outside of the case. According to some testers, it increased the system temp by 10C, which caused the computer to crash. (And this was in a case with several case fans!)

*The cooler is so high that to have room enough for airflow might require you to give up two slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back