Geforce FX5700 OC problems PLEASE HELP!

By pheonixx
Jan 4, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi all, this being my first post hopefully you all can help me.

The problem:
    BFG Technologies Geforce FX 5700 OC 256mb (card is OC from factory)
    http://www.bfgtech.com/5700OC_redux.html

my system:
    Processor: AMD Sempron 2500+ 1.75GHZ
    MOBO: MSI mainboard with via chipset Model# KM400A
    Memory: 1gb(2 sticks) of PC3200 400mhz
    Power source: Antec 430w true power
    Hard drive: Seagate 7200rpm 60gb
    Sound: SB Live X-Gamer 5.1

I have a Card cooler on the video card (the twin fan thing held in place by a pci slot, no connectors to PCI slot runs of PS lead)
    I have 2-4" case fans, processor fan.

Problem:
    Playing World of Warcraft causes the entire computer to completely lock up after about 30 mins-1hr of gameplay. This lockup is reproducable with any graphics intensive game i have. (including C&C Generals) I have been through 7 RMA's with BFG. the 5700 was an upgrade from my Ti4200 (which worked perfectly except that the fan stopped working every 6 months and required a new RMA to fix the fan, hence the upgrade)

the lockup dosent give a Blue screen or any errors it simply freezes everything and the in game sounds stutter and replay then stutter again. but the mouse, keyboard etc... are all frozen.

The 3 5700's BFG has tried with me ALL have had the same problem.

Any ideas?
  2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,763

That could also be a problem with the RAM or the RAM timmings.
  3. pheonixx

pheonixx Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

well, i cant think that the ram would be an issue. It has worked very reliably for almost a year. Both sticks are Kingston. The only change has been BFG's card upgrade. However out of frustration i bought a Radeon X700 pro 256 mb tonight. well see what happens. If this card works like i think it will, i will be able to tell very easily that BFG is full of it...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.